*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941283-Never-Save-a-Beautiful-Woman
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1941283
A foolish man can only see her beauty and fails to see her wicked ways.
Her eyes. They're all I can think about. A pang in my chest as I come to realize that her time is running out, yet there's an obstacle in my way. Iron bars. They're lined up in a neat row forming a cell with rust and rot as its edging.

A rat finds its way into the cell. I don't mind the company in fact I look it straight in the eyes and take a hold of its body.. I scurry on over to the plump guard.

I use a thick cord as rope to climb up to his trousers where a key dangles. Snagging it in my teeth I pull it away. The guard shifts in his sleep, yet doesn’t notice as I crawl down.

Back in the cell I jump back into my body. I pat his head and take the keys from my furry friend. The lock falls to the ground with a clank, and I hurry out to the deck.

There she is on a thin piece of wood connected to the massive ship. The sails appear grey under the cloud covered sky.
A maelstrom forms in the gray sea.

“Annie!” She looks back at me with blatant fear in her lucid stare. Before my head can find any sense I sprint toward her. The bearded drunkards come at me with weapons. I knock a sword out of a grizzled hand. Then it’s all a stab and avoid being stabbed kind of game. I make my way toward her, pull her off the plank, and kiss her.

My lips feel numb, my body buckles down, and my limbs tingle. There’s fire in my blood and it’s filling me slowly. A blackness coats my eyes. And I breath my last breath as she laughs maniacally.

“Da-mn… wi—tch..”
© Copyright 2013 StormLink (lighthning at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941283-Never-Save-a-Beautiful-Woman