*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941739-Seekers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1941739
Part of the novel I'm working on.
We’re seekers. I think that we are constantly in search of something better, and that often means we miss out on things that really do make us truly happy. We take experiences for granted because we as humans do not understand how truly lucky we are. We live without appreciating genuine moments, and continually second-guess ourselves. I think learning to love, and truly love, is a lot like being in a hot shower. At first, you just wing it. You turn the temperature to something not too hot, but not too cold. We check the water to make sure we won’t get burned, but also to assure it’s warm enough to actually enjoy. After a while, our body becomes accustomed to the temperature, and this is where we make the mistake. Just because you are used to something, doesn’t mean you need to change it. We need to stop seeking. Seeking something that we think will bring us greater happiness than what we already have. Most of the time when we find ourselves completely comfortable, we confuse it with boredom. We believe that there is something else out there that is better, that will bring us greater pleasure. But the truth is, the minute you make that decision to turn up the temperature again, it is not long before you find yourself wishing you could rewind time. You find yourself wishing you had never changed anything at all.
© Copyright 2013 WriteYourLovex (writeyourlovex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941739-Seekers