*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941820-Introverts-vs-Extroverts
by Hunter
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1941820
A brief essay between the difference between extroverts and introverts.
Let's face it: Being an introvert in an extroverted world is pretty difficult. Everywhere you turn you face a different challenge that may bring you out of your "comfort zone". Even the most simple of tasks, such as going to the grocery store, is a huge pain to most introverts. Extroverts, however, are complete polar opposites. You may think of them as your stereotypical party animal or maybe even the so-called popular kids that plague the hallways of any school. That being said, let's get down to business.

First, let's address what an extrovert is then compare it to that of an introvert. An extrovert is recharged by being out in public and talking to friends. They generally enjoy parties and large crowds and usually don't have any problem conversing with another individual. Introverts could be thought of as the exact opposite. They enjoy being home by themselves reading a good book or watching their favorite sitcom. That doesn't mean they don't have any social interactions at all though. Quite the contrary. Introverts generally have a small group of friends that consists of 4 or 5 good friends (introverts are a lot of the time the life of the party when they're around people they know very well) versus the average extrovert who has a large group with just a few good friends. It is estimated that about 50% of Americans are introverts, although I'm sure that's off by quite a bit.

Some well known introverts would include: Eleanor Roosevelt, Albert Einstein, and surprisingly enough, Al Gore which actually sets the stage for my next point. Introverts and extroverts come in all different "flavors". While introverts are generally thought to be quiet and shy you also have a portion that, just like Mr. Gore, may seem completely extrovert. And of course vice versa. There's no set definition for either of these two and I suppose that if this essay had a moral it would be: "Don't judge a book by it's cover".
© Copyright 2013 Hunter (osirizz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941820-Introverts-vs-Extroverts