*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941908-Karmic-Payback
by adele
Rated: · Short Story · Supernatural · #1941908
A true missing persons' account by a psychic
                                              Karmic Payback
         


    For thirty- four years I have been following my passion as a psychic.  I have been privy to many strange and remarkable experiences and Katherine’s story is one of them.  It is a classic example of Karma unfolding between two people in at least two lifetimes. 

    My experience with Katherine began in Boise, Idaho many years ago when she was visiting her boyfriend.  Katherine was a soft-spoken brunette with a sweet inner beauty and a very capable presence.  Parker, her dog had slipped his chain and had already been missing for several weeks when she called for my assistance. I could see the part of town where the dog was running scared and a street address.  Katherine was elated when I relayed the information over the phone.  I heard her breathe a sigh of relief that Parker wasn’t lying dead on some busy street.  She immediately drove to the address I had given her and the woman who answered the door told her she had found the dog and called the local shelter to pick him up. With all the odds against them, Katherine and Parker were re-united.

    A few years later Katherine phoned me again; this time it was for a past life regression.  She had been having difficulties with her phobia of both water and flying.  Her boyfriend enjoyed white water rafting and he was also a pilot so the phobias were hampering their time together.  Katherine lived in the town of Hailey which was two hundred miles from Boise, making the commute simpler if she could fly in his plane.  We both agreed that a past life regression might uncover some event which was directly related to the phobias that were restricting her plans. 

    Regression uses deep-relaxation techniques to allow a person to return to a past life or a past event in their current life.  It is a simple process using basic hypnosis techniques such as slowly counting from one to ten while relaxing each part of the body. The next step is taking the client to a peaceful place: be it a house, mountain, river, or some-where else they find comfortable.  Because of Katherine’s fear of water and heights, I chose a house.  I verbally guided her down the hallway until she selected a door.  With no coaxing from me, she opened door and stepped immediately into a past life.

    She was flying in a plane with a very close friend and was also able to see that this friend was her present boyfriend. (When experiencing a past life, it is quite naturalher through the trauma of the events.  Reminding her to keep her breathing as steady as possible, I suggested she look at the whole scenario as if she were viewing a movie. This way it would remove her from the emotions. No need to traumatize her any further unless the feelings needed to come out now. I didn’t sense this was the case. She needed more of a mental overview. When the session ended, I knew what she experienced in the regression would have an immediate effect on her life.

  Two weeks later I received a rather anxious call from a close friend of Katherine’s telling me Katherine and her boyfriend were reported missing. They were flying from Boise to Hailey in her boyfriend's plane and never arrived at the Hailey airport. Every available Search and Rescue Team was being alerted.  This girlfriend told me that she knew that I had worked closely with Katherine in the past, that she referred to me as “her spiritual advisor”, and that I’d located her lost dog Parker when she had given up all hope.
  Her friend asked breathlessly, “Will you participate in the search by going with a Search and Rescue Team?”

  Without any hesitation, I replied, "Yes, of course! Where do you want me to go?” I knew instantaneously that I was to be involved. My Guides always give me this kind of clarity and it makes life so much easier.

    Steve, my husband, began preparing a backpack full of supplies for me. It was the dead of winter, freezing cold with about four feet of snow on the ground. He fixed an unusually large breakfast of bacon and eggs and drove me to the airport.  Bundled up in our heaviest coats, we walked into the building where the rescue team was meeting. There were huge maps of the area placed on the tables and I asked if I could take a look at them. Within five minutes my pendulum marked a spot where I felt they had crashed, close to Gooding, Idaho, about forty miles from Twin Falls, Idaho.

    After quick introductions, two pilots walked me out to the smallest plane I’d ever seen.  I’d asked if Steve could accompany us but, to our disappointment, they said there was no room. Both of them had to go and it was only a three-seater plane. As the plane ascended, the icy cold assaulted me. I was so glad to be snuggled up in my warmest jacket. Steve had recommended that I put on layers of clothing and I was glad I’d followed his advice, even though I looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

  When working with missing persons, I can always tell if someone is alive by holding up the palms of my hands. They will become very warm, sometimes hot, if the person is still alive, and will grow cold if they are dead. (This also applies to animals.  It is one way to sense if there is life energy.  Using a pendulum can also be very reliable in some situations.)

  When we flew over the area I’d marked on the map, my hands began to become quite warm. I knew Katherine and her boyfriend were very close to us because they grew hotter by the minute. When I focused on Katherine I would feel the heat, but when I focused on her friend my hands went stone cold. I knew he was already dead and since her energy began to fluctuate, I was alerted to the fact that she was in critical condition.

    I immediately told the pilot that we were right above the area where the plane crashed. I knew they were skeptical from the beginning but that never deters me. They were polite, though, telling me they had to fly their scheduled route. The snow was so deep that it would have been impossible to spot any kind of aircraft.

    Katherine's energy continued to rise and fall quickly, reminding me how critical the situation was. I started sending her energy, anything to keep her alive until help arrived, but my body started shaking and I was getting very cold and extremely nauseated. I knew I couldn't stay in her energy. It was time to let go or I would be endangering myself and could go into shock right along with her.

  My hands grew increasingly icy and I knew she was gone. My energy had stayed with Katherine right up to her moment of passing, and I thought, "At least I was able to do that much for her." Since I knew she was dead, it was pointless to try to convince the pilot to return to that area. I bowed my head, prayed for the both of them, and attempted to stabilize myself.

  Before I could calm down and re-gain my normal body temperature I became violently sick! Thank goodness the plane was equipped with the necessary barf bags. During the search I actually felt some of Katherine’s and her boyfriend’s physical discomfort.  Knowing it was this energy that caused my reaction, I quickly began grounding myself. After a few minutes I stabilized and was growing stronger but was still visibly shaken, leaving my body trembling uncontrollably.

  The pilots continued on their route, made a pit stop for gas, and returned over the same area. The scenery was incredible: purple majestic mountain peaks contrasting against the whiteness of the snow. The small plane offered little protection from the bitter cold air outside. The miles and miles of remote open territory made me aware of how lonely and isolated it would feel to be stuck out there, alone and injured. I just wanted to be home, snuggled up with my husband and my animals by the fire.

  I had to let the whole thing go when we arrived back at the Hailey airport even though I knew I could take them to the exact spot. There was just too much resistance to the idea of using a psychic and to the fact that they were in an area that was out of the normal flight plan. They were kind to me, though, real gentlemen, so I felt no animosity.  They were just following their instructions. 

  When I arrived home, my answering machine was flooded with calls from family and friends asking where I thought the plane went down. I could have given the exact location as I had pinpointed it on the Search and Rescue maps or directed them to go and check the maps themselves. Because of my deep concern over the hazardous weather conditions and the emotional turmoil people experience when a loved one is lost; I didn't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt flailing around on skis in a desolate mountainous area during below zero weather.

    The search went on for weeks and I knew Katherine was prolonging her body being found because she needed to feel the support of friends even though she was dead. Finally, I spoke with her and encouraged her to let them find her. 

    I want to add something that I’ve learned through years of work as a psychic and medium. When we die, leaving the earth plane and crossing over to a new consciousness level, all of our learning does not stop ~ everything is not perfectly resolved. If we never find a real connection here on earth, we may still be searching for those elements to fulfill us. If we don’t face the emotions that cause the addictions, the same issues are there for us to work through on the other side.

  If people could understand this, suicides would end. I do believe in a heavenly-like state that the Bible speaks of, however; we must work to attain that state, and leaving the earth does not guarantee a free pass entry into states of pure love.

    I've done medium work for many years and have a natural ability to communicate with spirits. When some people die they can immediately connect with us here on the earth, however; many need to go through a level of training or have specific work assignments before they can communicate with us. It’s very similar to what we experience here on earth because we deal with the most important issues first, leaving others on the back burner because they aren’t as urgent.

  It would be spring, many months before the bodies were recovered, and Steve and I just happened to be out of state on vacation. The newspapers reported that a psychic had been in on the search but was of no help. I knew the truth but didn’t bother making any calls to set them all straight. The Search and Rescue Team and the pilots knew that I had pinpointed the exact area where they would be found. Jeff, a friend who worked as a pilot with a glider company, did call me personally to say that he knew I found them. I really appreciated him taking the time to do that. His kind words stayed in my heart to this day.

  When I questioned my Guides as to why the bodies were located during the only two weeks out of the year I was out of the state. They helped me realize that I wasn't ready for public acclaim at this point in my life. Being born under the astrological sign of Leo, seeking the spotlight should come naturally to me but in truth, I fear the repercussions that can come with fame. I value my personal life very highly, and like the celebrities who fall prey to the vanity of fame I might well have succumbed myself.

    I trusted my Guide's wisdom and decided to let sleeping dogs lie. Although I don't seek the limelight, I feel now is the right time for Katherine's story to be told and I will welcome whatever comes to me. As my musical mentor and trusted friend Rob McCormick says, "If God has it in his plans for me to become famous, then it will be all right."



















© Copyright 2013 adele (psychicadele at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941908-Karmic-Payback