*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942083-I-Didnt-Ask-For-This
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1942083
Violence is never the answer
I didn’t ask for this



Stay your hand, I plead, stay your hand and don’t hurt me.  Stay your hand and calm yourself, stay your hand before you do something foolish.

Stay your hand!  PLEASE!  I didn’t ask for this!  WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO?!



I didn’t ask for this



The first punch causes me to spin around, lose my footing and hit my head on the counter.  I go down hard and I can taste blood in my mouth, the pain from the impact is intense and the shock is making me feel dazed and confused.

I try to stand and you lift me by my hair, you do not say a word vocally, your words are in your actions.  I cry out in pain and you punch me again, this time in the stomach and I gasp from the impact.



I didn’t ask for this



You throw me against the counter behind me and I drop to the ground, I can barely breathe.  I try to beg you not to hit me again but you don’t listen, you only lash out once again, only this time with your feet as you kick me in the face.

Blood shoots from my nose and I can feel a tooth, maybe two, breaking on impact.  I cry out in pain again and you kick me again, this time in the stomach making me gasp out in pain.  I try to defend myself but you are a lot stronger than me and my attempts to defend myself are not enough from your strength.



I didn’t ask for this



I fall to the side and you keep on kicking me, my arms are bruised and bleeding, blood is streaming from my nose and mouth.

I didn’t ask for this, I didn’t ask for this, I DIDN’T ASK FOR THIS!



I didn’t ask for this



Finally you stop attacking me after you lift me by my hair again and slam my head off the fridge, you laugh at my tears and my blood, you laugh at my bruises and my pain, you laugh and walk away.

I stay there, curled up and crying.  You have taken my phone with you to prevent me from calling for an ambulance, you refuse to allow me the help I need after what you’ve done to me.



I didn’t ask for this



I was only five minutes late from work, five minutes, and you acted like I was betraying you.  You always do this and I never leave you because I have nowhere else to go where you can’t reach me.

My grandmother would say that a wife should always be mindful of her husband and never anger him, even if it is not her fault she should always be careful because men are physically stronger and can cause great harm.

I always listened to her and I wish I could heed her words now, all you’ve ever done since we got married is hurt me and I’ve always blamed the bruises and wounds on my walking into a door or falling down some stairs.



I didn’t ask for this



I try to keep a home while managing my career, while you just sit around and expect to be looked after because you’re too lazy to do something more with your life.  You are just like your father in that regard, he is also a lazy, woman beating fool who has a deep hatred for women.

I wish I could leave you, but society would see me as the one to blame.  Men are, after all, seen as the better half by society while women are still seen in a poor light by a male controlled society.

So I sit here, bleeding, crying and needing someone to help me.



I didn’t ask for this.  I didn’t.



I didn’t ask for you to be my executor for my being born female.



I didn’t ask for this.
© Copyright 2013 ReinaHW (reinahw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942083-I-Didnt-Ask-For-This