*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942894-The-Graveyard-Chronicles
by Razvak
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1942894
Sam can see dead people, but he doesn't really care.
"So, you see dead people, right?" The jock asked me as he had his friends surround my desk.

No, for the last time, I do not see dead people." I replied for the thousandth time.

"Yeah you do, come on, admit it." He kept going. After ten years of idiots like him asking me the same questions over and over, my response has become stoic and bland.

"No, I don't see dead people. Just because my dad is a undertaker, and my mom works in the morgue in a hospital, that does not mean I see dead people." I said as I got up to leave. I opened the door and let Jason walk out, and I closed the door. School was always like this. People, specifically the idiots, popular kids, and the jocks, which usually are the same people in all categories, find out that my parents work in positions with the dead, they always ask me if I see dead people. It's annoying.

Walking home, Jason said "Alright, no body's around."

"Alright, so what did you want to ask me?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I know that you always deny seeing dead people, and I understand why, but do you really have to ignore me, even in the bathroom?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do. One, nobody else can see you, being dead and all, and talking to anyone in the bathroom is just creepy. So yeah, I don't talk to you at school." I said simply.

Jason laughed. "You're a mean one, aren't you? I wish you were more like your parents. They're nice." Jason said as he nearly walked into a phone line. "Close on."

"That's something I'll never get. Why can the dead, who don't even have real bodies, actually hit walls and stuff. Seriously, it's annoying when someone doesn't even realize they're dead. They always keep asking why they can't open doors, why their friends can't see them, why is my..." I stopped talking as a old women walked past.

As I got home, I got the usual treatment. Ghostly wails of those people who are too stupid to pass on, like Jason, people who think their not dead yet, and those who don't really care, once again, like Jason. I had to hurry with the gate, because they spirits like to get out, which causes trouble for random idiots in town, especially the dead idiot's family. They always try to beg me and my family "Please, there's been some misunderstanding, I'm not dead!" or "I just want to see my family one last time." Never works out the way they plan.

Once the deceased sees their family again, they have trouble leaving them. So they 'haunt' them, which usually results in the town priest going to the house to 'exercise' the spirit, which typically makes them mad, and turn into what I refer to as, demons. A mad spirit is a annoying spirit.

I walk through my front door, which my dad had made from the priest so only
© Copyright 2013 Razvak (razvak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942894-The-Graveyard-Chronicles