*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943119-The-right-instincts
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #1943119
Just my perspective of how we act and think.
What is good and what is evil is a matter of perspective. And anyone's perspective is dependent on social environment and the effects of life experience's. So really there is no good nor evil, right or wrong only pointless indifference. All normal human beings will almost always do what they think is good and right but what is right in their eyes is a matter of their prospective. If we do what we feel is wrong it is self hurtful and mentally damaging, being wrong or to have the perspective you have done wrong is self destructive and the mind moves in to mentally protect you by justifying you're actions to yourself. Even if it has to twist reality or what is true the minds automatic response is to preserve you at all cost. It is important to understand this and come to the understanding it is universally true for all of us. We all want to survive with as little personal discomfort as possible. And this makes the mind work in strange ways. These things would be obvious to an outsider but not for the actual person because we are all locked into our bodies and our minds. (Think for a moment about how you picture you're self to look in appearance then go look in the mirror watch how you move and how you look when you speak. Quite a difference isn't there?) In it being that way we are prone to only see our prospective and it is not in our nature to justify the actions of others as we do our own. When some one speaks or acts against us it is an automatic defense to see that person as wrong or evil. It is also in our nature to attack that person verbally or physically to bring them around to what our perspective of good and right are. Get the last word in at the very lest. This is natural instinct and how we survived so many years living in civilization. But knowing this we must ask ourselves what is the truth independent of what we think? We have it in our instinct to surround ourselves with people that are agreeable with our perspective of right and wrong and to shun those who are not. And that to is instinct. I can see this in myself and others. I now days understand or see what is happening and understand why. In our modern age our needs for survival are vastly different from those even 50 years ago. I wonder are our instincts really working for our best interest with society being what it currently is? Why is so hard for some to see themselves as they actually are? When people do see them selves why are we more prone to accept it than we are to change it? Science is great!!! Every time you answer one question it raise's many more.
© Copyright 2013 Dennis Walker (denniswalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943119-The-right-instincts