*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943400-The-Most-Interesting-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1943400
Babashov becomes the most interesting man in the universe.
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: This story must contain the words: Picture, Blood and Hair

The Most Interesting Man

This should cement the title once and for all, thought Babashov as he posed next to his kill; its blood still dripping from Babashov’s beard.

He flung the auto-capture into the air and then smiled as the whirling ball settled in at an appropriate distance before swinging back to it’s master and snapping the picture.

The Most Interesting Man in the Universe contest was the most coveted title in the Galaxy. Winning it guaranteed a life of wealth beyond imagination. Whoever won would become a household name as companies plastered his face on ads for everything from Cloud Retirement Communities to Subterranean Body-mods.

Babashov held out his hand and the auto-capture immediate flew back and settled into his open palm. He flicked at the touch-screen and sent in the proof of his feat. Next, he reached into his pack and unfolded a flat-screen; scrolling down the achievement list until he found the last unchecked item.

“Drink the blood of a dragon nestling from Mordon 5,” it read.

He tapped the “completed” box and sent the document to Contest Central.

Now it was time to sit back and relax. Bobashov deserved it after all that he’d been through. The now-completed list had nearly killed him several times including lava-diving on Diablo and skydiving through the gaseous atmosphere of Neptune, a planet near Old Sol.

It had taken five years but he was the first and only contestant to achieve everything on the list. Babashov was now the Most Interesting Man in the Universe.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

The two suns of this planet went into eclipse mode and he looked up at the beast and mentally wrote his obituary. “I don’t always kill dragon nestlings, but when I do, I forget about the mother.”

Word count 300
© Copyright 2013 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943400-The-Most-Interesting-Man