*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943579-Look-Inside
by sdsman
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1943579
How I see the world
  Everyone is like a book. What we show outside of us is our cover. This cover can be elegant, smart, racy, provocative, or intellectual. It can be worn, comforting, warm, or bright. It can be scary, horrible, threatening, or sickening. It can be mysterious, shy, innocent, or playful. These are a few pitiful examples of the complex shell we put on each day. This is the part that we show the world by our attitude, dress, and mannerisms.
  Like any book, the cover is the attractant. Its allure causes us to look inside that book to get the substance of the story. Sometimes the plot is complicated with twists and turns that leave us breathless until the final pages. Other times, it’s a light fun romp through life. The wonder of it all is the fact the cover can actually be totally different from the tale within. A cold aloof cover can actually have a warm romantic story if only the book is carefully read. Sometimes a warm exterior can reveal a tale of horror and woe that lures the unwary. The most beautiful part of this is that the vast majority contained in these accounts is a mix of happy, sad, warm, cold, romantic, and intellectual with all points in between. Few of the books are a single plot or emotion.
  Currently the world is a vast library of over six billion unique narratives. Even those whose DNA’s are as close to identical as possible, still have a distinctive difference in the story within. Once a book is lost due to time or other means, that plot is gone forever. Only some of the tales may be recounted by those who dared to open the cover to see within. Most of us lock ourselves within the cover, afraid to reveal the parts inside, scared to be judged and criticized for what we are. Those happy few that find the proper reader, who can see the wonder of all contained within are most fortunate. They see the book as a whole, with good parts and bad and accept it. Far too few bother to do more than dismiss or hate the book because of the perceptions made from the outside. At the very least this shatters the hopes contained and the worst destroys the contents.
  Will you look beyond the exterior and see the marvels that may await?
© Copyright 2013 sdsman (sdsman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943579-Look-Inside