*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943604-Our-Relationship
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1943604
This should be intersting...
         Back on September 1st 2012, my boyfriend and I got together. Last year I thought I had a crush on him, and this year... Well, my feelings grew stronger. Not a lot of people agreed with me for making this decision, but hey, it's my life and I can do with it what I want. We've been together for almost a year now, and since the first day we got together, to today, we've had a few faults. Here is what they are, and why they caused big problems in our relationship...
         I had told my best friend about my major crush on Dorian (my boyfriend) and she volunteered to ask him out for me. So I just couldn't let that offer go, so of course I said yes. Well obviously, he said yes and we've been together ever since. About a month after we had been a happy couple, my best friend decided to fill me in on her little secret. She liked him. This is where all the trouble starts. She told me last minute in the hallway right before going into homeroom. What I really wanted to do was punch her teeth out after she told me that, but instead I froze in the middle of the hallway and just glared at her until she sat down. I had not even gotten into homeroom, when my other best friends knew that something was up. They all came up to me and I told them what was wrong. Thank goodness I had gym that day. Running and throwing things was just what I needed. One of my best friends who was also really good friends with the one who likes Dorian, came up to me on the way to gym. She too noticed something was wrong. She asked me if I was going to cry, that's what made me lose it. I had been holding it in all morning, now I was walking to my locker bawling my eyes out. So embarrassing. That lunch period I didn't sit with either one of them.
         So, that's just the beginning. There is so much more to that piece of drama... but it is too much to write so I'm just going to start with the new piece.
         After a couple weeks, I noticed something fishy going on between them. Bridget (the one who likes Dorian) was flirting with him right in front of me. Once again I SO could've punched her teeth out, but I kept my cool. So once again that day I sat with some other friends and pretended that I didn't even care. The only friend who was always on my side of things and still is, is Suzie. She's a keeper. I sat with her for a couple days just to spy on them. I also had some of my other best friends sit with them, and then afterwards let me know everything that went on, and everything that was said. How pathetic! I had to have other people spy on my "best friend" and my boyfriend because I didn't trust them together.
         Now if you think this is bad wait until you hear this.. WARNING! if you don't like sappy love stories, skip this part and move onto the next. Thank you!
         It was a cold day in Fall. The leaves were just changing colors, the wind was blowing, but I felt on top of the world. By then I had put my past behind and forgave everyone. All of 7B was on their way to the high school to watch a play. My boyfriend was beside me and Bridget, holding my hand and putting his arm around me. We had arrived to the high school and got into our seats. That was going to be the first time I had ever met Dorian's sister. She was working the lights. Of course Dorian and I sat beside each other, and I sat beside Bridget. Dorian was holding my hand as the lights went off and it was almost pitch black where we were sitting. So after a while. Mr.Dorian decides to put his hand on my leg. I nudged Bridget and she looked, then quickly looked away. After that she seemed in a really bad mood. A little bit later, Dorian brings my hand up and kisses it, twice! I was on cloud nine! The play ended, and we all walked back out into the icy air. Dorian and I were walking in front of Bridget and holding hands. Sometimes putting our arms around each other. We got back to school, and later that day Bridget tells me the reason why she was upset was because Dorian and I were holding hands right in front of her. The sentence that was going through my mind was, WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'RE GONNA DO?? Yeah, so after that I didn't talk to her and only her for about a week until we made up.
         Skipping ahead to May... cutting this one short...
         In May was the 7th and 8th grade dance. Dorian and I went together, and Bridget went too. Yes, the DJ played slow songs, before the last slow dance, I noticed that Bridget was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she wouldn't answer me. So I payed no attention to it, I enjoyed my night. The last slow song came on and Bridget had her friend take me away from Dorian so she could get to know me better. By then, I knew something was up. Then all of the sudden, Bridget comes out and walks swiftly past me and says "You can dance with Dorian." What was going through my mind then was, "Gee, Thanks for your permission!!" Dorian was right behind her, and stopped with me. We shrugged and walked back into the dance, and began dancing to the last song of the night. Perfect? Almost?
         Almost through it all...
         It wasn't too long now before the end of the school year. I was absent on a Friday. The night before Bridget had written on her Facebook something that said "Tomorrow should be interesting" Well I wasn't there. So that Friday night I get a phone call from Dorian. I thought this was going to be a happy, fun, awesome phone call... but trust me, it wasn't. Not even a minute of speaking to each other on the phone, Dorian says, " Hailie, I think it's time..." Right then I knew instantly what he was talking about. I mean I shouldn't have been surprised at all really. I expected that. But it just hit me, kind of like when you get hit in the gut by some bully on the playground. My stomach dropped, I knew that I was going to start crying, in fact, as soon as he started talking again I began to cry. I tried my best to keep my voice even as I told him that I couldn't talk to him. Then hung up, collapsed on the floor and full fledged screamed while I cried. This went on for about 2 minutes when he called me back. This time he hung up on me, and I cried again. I calmed myself and tried to make it look like I was happy and fine when I brought the house phone back out into the living room. My mother is very good at knowing when something is wrong. That was the first time in years that I had sat in my mothers lap and cried my eyes out while she rubbed my back.
         I told her that I needed to call Suzie right away. I thought I was done bawling, but as soon as Suzie picked up the phone, I started up again. At this point it was so bad that she couldn't understand a word I was saying. Eventually I calmed down and told her everything. While I was on the phone with Suzie, Dorian called back. I didn't answer it. Then I made the excuse that I had to get some sleep and try to calm down. She let me go, and I called Dorian back. He told me that he was sorry, and that he was stupid. When he called himself stupid I laughed out loud to that one. He said that he collapsed on the kitchen floor and cried too. He said that he wanted me back. I wasn't too sure what to do. I mean of course I wanted to go back out with him, I loved him after all, but I knew my mother would be furious, and so would Suzie, So I told him I'd think about it.          That following Monday, we all went back to school of course. I walked in with one of my buddies Savannah, and just my luck, I sat in front of him. Savannah looked back, and tapped me on the arm and told me to look. I said a FRIENDLY hello, and turned around, barely noticing the card and 4 roses in his hand. He wanted me to take them. I told him "FRIENDS don't give FRIENDS flowers" and turned back around. I did eventually accept them, and read the card that was with them. Once again, he asked me to take him back. By coincidence we saw each other in the hallway and walked down to homeroom together. Right before he walked into I said "Yes," and he was happy the rest of the day.
         Last one...
         I got an email from an old best friend of mine, telling me that on the last day of school Dorian was holding Bridget's hand and hugging her, and kissing her. So i went off on him, and broke up with him. He admitted that her hugged her once or so, but he never kissed her or held her hands. We got back together the next day.
         So in conclusion, every relationship has it's rough patches, but with enough courage and love you can conquer it.
© Copyright 2013 hailie stewart (tink2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943604-Our-Relationship