*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944017-The-Anniversary
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1944017
Had Kathy forgotten or did she just not want to remember? A Daily Flash Fiction Winner
The Anniversary

Jason leaned the card against the wine glass and lit the candles. Very romantic!

“What’s this?” Kathy asked as she entered.

“Happy Anniversary!” Her expression said that she had no clue what he was talking about.

“You didn’t forget? It was one year ago today that we became Changlings.”

“Actually, I was trying to skirt the issue.” Her words were punctuated by the frown on her face. “And, quit trying to sugar-coat it. Werewolf is the word.”

“Quit being so negative. It isn’t all bad.”

“I’ll tell you how bad it is. When I hear ‘that time of the month,’ I pray it’s just my period.”

“Speaking of which, tonight’s a full moon. Let’s go out and,” he paused, “howwwl.”

“Every month the same joke. Can’t you get some new material?”

“This isn’t a joke. You remember that bitch …”

“Stop there. I resemble that remark.”

Jason laughed. “Now you’re getting in the spirit.”

“OK. Are you talking about the library lady that got on your case today?”

“The very same. I have it on good authority that she walks her dog in the park every night.”

“I thought we agreed. No people … and no dogs either. The last one gave me fleas.”

“I don’t mean eat her. Just scare her. Afterwards, we can shush her like she did me.” The thought brought another laugh to his lips.

“No, I won’t go to the park. I always end up hiding in the bushes while you go around marking your territory. Besides, look at this beautiful table.”

“I do have two thick raw steaks warming to room temperature,” he tempted.

The moon was just rising and Kathy could feel the change begin. “Let’s put dinner on hold,” she said in her sexiest guttural growl. “Come here … brush my back.”



Notes:
An entry for the 7/21/13 round of "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge [13+]
Prompt: Write a story that includes the words: " fleas, library, skirt."

Word Limit: 300
Word Count: 300

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Please, as long as you’re here, leave a comment. Criticisms, thoughts, reactions, yes – even praise – are all equally welcome *Smile*
© Copyright 2013 🌕 HuntersMoon (huntersmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944017-The-Anniversary