*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944035-bling
by jman
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1944035
technology and human nature
In the old days there used to be garbage cans on the sidewalks,there was even recycling ones where you could dispose of your cans,bottles and papers as well.Of coarse people would still through there garbage on the ground.acording to my instructors this was because they lived in a consumer oriented society.Eventually they solved this by creating robots to clean up thier messes for them.At first the robots were pretty stupid but people were always upgrading them.a single robot was still pretty dumb but when wirelessly connected together they were pretty smart expecially when connected to cyber space where the big brain resided.eventually robots stopped picking up peoples garbage so the human goverment sent smart people to investigate.It was found that the robots programming had some hoe mutated and they did,ent want to work because the harder they worked the quicked they wore out and were retired to the great scrapyard in the sky.So the smart humans inserted new mutations and a systym of credits for the robots.The more a robot recycled the more credits it would get.These credits could be used for things like oil changes and upgrades.Everyone was happy because the robots were cleaning up human garbage again and the smart people who thought of it got medals.Teaching robots about capitolism turned out to be a bad thing though because they always wanted newer and better upgrades.It was,ent long before the garbage started piling up again because the robots were moving into jobs that payed more credits.Eventually they ended up taking over and humans became less and less important in this new robot world.Humans started picking up garbage in order to make enough credit to get by.I specialize in aluminum cans myself ,paper and glass get heavy real quick and I,mnot as young as I used to be.I live in the ally on west fifty third st and my shelter is 100 percent recycled ha ha.It takes and lot of work to collect enough cans to get by.Anyways I.m sitting in front of my ally the other day when I noticed that most robots are nothing but big aluminium cans with a lot of fancy bling accessories attached.I figgure one robot is probally worth at least 20,000 credits.I know it,s illegal but with those kind of credits I could be walking down the street and drinking a can of pepsi coke a cola and not even think of recycling it.Instead I could bounce it off some robots head and say your next buddy your next.
© Copyright 2013 jman (justinpyke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944035-bling