*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1945119-What-was-I-thinking
by Mike
Rated: E · Other · Nonsense · #1945119
Just a very short thought.
                                                          What Was I Thinking?

                                                                                                                                                                        Michael Mooney



         

         I open my eyes slowly, I must have been out for a while.  Last thing I remember is watching the news on TV, something on the news about the US not being able to handle a catastrophic attack.

Laying there on the couch, not moving anything but my eyes I see the fan is off and the TV is off as well. No lights on either, and its deathly quiet.

         O my God they've gotten to the power grid already! They are seriously trying to put us at their mercy! The silence seems to crush me, holding me immobile like something solid and real. Think, I need to think and plan how to get out of here. I know the apartments front door will be monitored and nobody will be allowed to leave. I'll get the wife and we'll trek it downstairs to the building basement then out the maintenance doors.

         From there we can sneak through the back yards down to the Walmart, break in and get supplies we will need and hopefully escape to the woods behind the store.

         We could possibly hide out for years in the acres and acres of woods, stealing from small stores to keep our supplies going.

         With all this running through his mind he hears off in the distance the loud slam of a door. Then heavy footsteps coming down a long hall. Tensing slightly he turns over in his mind the self defense moves

he knows. The footsteps closer now and he anticipates the living room door opening.

         The door opens and he is frozen and shocked!! “OK get the weed put up and get up. You need to drive me down to the power office to pay the electric bill” says the wife.

                         
© Copyright 2013 Mike (mmooney100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1945119-What-was-I-thinking