*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946254-My-War-Call
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #1946254
over coming a dark place in your life
         In the west the sun dips below the horizon. The drums of the demon's before me start to beat. I steel myself for the battle to come not knowing if the ones standing at my side will last the night. My pulse quickens as I grip the hilt of my sword tight. As we clash my war cry echos across the battle field.

         The bell rings signalling the midnight hour. Many of the enemy lay dead or dying at my feet. A smile crosses my face as I look upon them. Around me quite few remain. I am bruised and bloody but my strength and will power still remains strong. Suddenly the sound of hooves echo in my ears. The screams of the enemy grow loud. Warriors on horse back ride through the hordes of demons killing as they go. Infuriated by my new allies at my side the demons charge again.

         The sun rises in the east. The horns of the demon's sound they're retreat. Many of the demon horde lay dead on the battle field but many more run to hide in they're holes. I bind my wounds and rest my body knowing that my strength has grown and the allies at my side are true. The demons will return tonight but when dawn breaks tomarrow I will remain stronger and smarter then I am today.
© Copyright 2013 Philosophical Wolf (ironpenwritten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946254-My-War-Call