*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946496-The-Apocalipse-Part-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1946496
This is part 1 of my short story "The Apocalipse"
It was the start of much horror and death, but at the time we didn't realize. We were just 3 friends. The two friends Dylan and Sarah had a mutual friendship as they both knew each other on a personal level. I however, was what people might call an "Internet friend". This being that I met these people over the Internet. Either way, we were all friends. My name is Jack, I am the oldest of the group being aged 14, though the others didn't mind the age gap.
It was the year 2092 and the world was being re-sustained in a more chemically engineered to help in a number of ways. Some of these ways were curing diseases such as Cancer and AIDS. "This is wonderful" you might be saying. If you said that, you would be very wrong. Although the diseases were cured, they came at a price. Not money, the life of the subject had been altered into what many of you may know as "The living dead" or "Zombies". This is the story of how my friends and I managed to survive what shall be ever known as "The Apocalipse".
Much death had happened since most of the world had been turned. There were very few survivors. If I can remember there were about 27 survivors including Sarah, Dylan and I. We had managed to be able to find a good source of food and weaponry. We had taken refuge at an old university on the outskirts of Washington DC. I had difficulties at first as I was a British citizen before The Apocalipse happened. I had moved to America as soon as I noticed most of the British Government had turned. Using my skills of mastering countless gflight and driving simulations, I managed to get safely out of Britain. My family however didn't make it. The memories of them screaming in agony as they slowly turned into the undead still haunt me.
At the university, Sarah and Dylan were hunting for food whilst I was keeping look-out for both hostile survivors and the undead. As I said before. we managed to find weapons in a small armoury building close to the university. This armoury contained an assortment of weaponry, this included : 22 Caliber Handguns, Machine guns, plenty of ammunition, smoke and incendiary grenades and my favourite in all sorts of weapons, a 50 Caliber sniper rifle. I had some experience with shooting rifles as I used to go hunting in the summer, but I never had to shoot something as powerful as a 50 caliber before. Amongst this stash of weaponry, we located the keys to some Quad bikes which we all had some experience with. We decided to use these Quads to get around faster.

"This place is already empty." Dylan said

"Damn it!" I replied, "Where should we go next?"

"The best way to go now is toward California." Sarah added, "I used to go there with my family. You know... before."

"Sarah, I know you are having a rough time adjusting to this new world, but at least your parents are safely in quarantine." I replied.

"Guys, I hate to be a bother, but we got incoming coming from the South-East." Dylan added.

"We've gotta move, Sarah, where'd we park the quads?" I asked.

"2 Blocks away." She replied.

"Ok, you two head for the quads, take this rope, you can tow my quad closer." I said.

"What are you going to do?" Sarah asked.

"I'm going to set up some traps using these spare shotgun rounds." I replied.

"Ok, stay safe, we will be on the radio if anything goes wrong." Dylan added.

As soon as Sarah and Dylan were out of earshot, I shouted for the survivor to come out from their hiding place.

"How did you know I was here?" they replied.

"I have good senses." I replied.

"Do you have the supplies I wanted?" they asked.

"Yes." I replied, "Did you bring your end of the deal?"

"As always." They replied.

"As an extra, I want you and your men to protect my friends and I for one week. There is an extra weeks worth of supplies in it for you." I said.

"Very well." they replied, "Here is your medicine"

"Thank you." I replied.

"Where is the next meeting place?" They asked.

"The TCW Tower in California." I replied.

"Very well, until next time Jack." She said, walking away. As she did this, she activated the bombs she had planted when we weren't looking.

"Thank you." I shouted to her, "I will tell the others I meet that I have the protection of The Mercenary."
© Copyright 2013 That_Ginger (that_ginger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946496-The-Apocalipse-Part-1