*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946506-The-Apocalipse-Part-2
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1946506
Part 2 of my short story "The Apocalipse".
The Apocalipse (Part 2)

"Jack, we're here, hurry up!" Sarah shouted over the noise of crashing rubble.

For a moment, I stood there, watching the mercenary get into her chopper and fly away. At that point, I knew that the best tactic would be to get to an airstrip and get a plane. Once we had a plane, we could travel much faster and further than we could on the quads.

"Guys, new plan, We head to the TCW Tower. Once there, we can set a course for an airfield and fly to Florida, I have a contact there who could be of help." I said.

"How do you know this guy? You've been in this country for 1 year and you've never even been to Florida." Dylan asked.

"Let's just say, he owes me a favour." I replied, "Now lets get going."

So we set off to the TCW Tower in California. Once we were there, Sarah and Dylan agreed to go scavenging for supplies like food and ammunition. We were making good progress until a group of bandits. These bandits looked mean, but very drunk. There weapons were top end M16 rifles. The only weapon i had that had rounds left was my Colt handgun holstered on my thigh. Although my accuracy with guns was good, travelling at 60 mph on a quad bike with only a handgun up against 7 guys with rifles seemed like a challenge.

"Guys, speed up. I can try and hold them off as long as I can." I said over the radio.

"Ok, but take this." Dylan said, handing me a Mac 11, "It has a better rate of fire than your handgun."

"Thanks." I replied.

"Good luck!" Sarah said.

"Rendezvous at the TCW Tower in 3 hours" I said to them, "If i'm not there, i'm either dead or late"

As I said that, Sarah had a worried expression on her face.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to let a few bandits kill me, The sooner we get to the TCW Tower, the better." I said, momentarily reassuring both the members of the group.

As Sarah and Dylan sped away towards California, I decided to double back on myself as I had a hunch as to who the bandits were under the control of. Surely enough, my hunch was correct. The bandits belonged to someone who was known simply as "The Warlord".

"So, look who got himself some helpers." I shouted, aiming to mock The Warlord.

"Look who didn't" He replied, trying to amuse his subjects.

"What is it you want?" I asked, "Or do you just like to attack the remaining Humans for fun?"

"I came to you because I needed help." He stated.

For The Warlord to need help seemed like an almost unbelievable statement on his behalf.

"What exactly do you need?" I asked him.

"Some of that medicine you bought from The Mercenary." He replied.

"How do you know about this?" I asked.

"Spies are wonderful assets to anyone's army." He replied with a smug expression on his face.

At this point, I had realized that when The Mercenary came to me, one of The Warlord's spies had been watching the entire conversation.

"Why do you want the medicine?" I questioned.

"Because, like you, i'm beginning to turn."
© Copyright 2013 That_Ginger (that_ginger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946506-The-Apocalipse-Part-2