*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946509-Tale-of-a-Journey
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1946509
It took me 20 minutes to write this
I walked along the dusty road, unsure of where it would take me. I had one thing on my mind, and that was finding a cure for the disease that ravaged my village, and had killed half of the population. I knew that I was also suffering from the disease, and didn't have more than a week, before I would be dead.
Over the next two days, I overcame countless obstacles, and braved many miles. I finally reached my destination, when I saw the large north wall of what was once a hospital. I had grew up, only hearing about such buildings. They, along with the rest of all the cities, were left abandoned when the storm came.
Any living organism, touched by this rain, melted away within seconds. Nothing was left of them, except their clothes. It made me shudder, thinking about what had happened to so many people. Of course, the factories were found to be the culprits, and all were shut down. Without factories, production stopped. Economies failed, and people were driven into anarchy. Many people fled the cities, and made camps. However only a few camps survived. That was over 600 years ago.
As I entered the hospital, I looked around, and saw what I had been looking for, a medicine cabinet. I ran over to it, and searched through it, finding about 20 bottles of penicillin. I quickly stuffed them all into my bag, and ran away from the hospital. Being there frightened me, and I didn't want to stay longer than I needed.
Running back towards my village, I didn't look back. I never wanted to return to that empty building again. I ran through the forest, and didn't even stop to make camp. I could feel my life draining from me, as I had but six hours left. Running into my village, I collapsed, and passed out, only to wake up, about a day or two later, to find that my friends were sitting around my bed. I sat up and looked at them, knowing that I had made it just in time.
All that we needed now was to learn what we had done in the factories, to cause all of this…


The End.
© Copyright 2013 Wolfy Fox (fenrirs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946509-Tale-of-a-Journey