*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946573-Scares-and-Bruises
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1946573
They need each, for more ways than they know.
She was sad. When she was with him she had placed the fake smile on her face just for him. But she hasn’t been happy for years. They don’t know. They all don’t know what’s going on inside. If only they knew.
The scars on her arms aren’t from her cat or that bike accident when she was 4. They think it’s a joke. They think she’s joking. Her face may say so but her eyes don’t. No one noticed her changes. She’s sad, can’t you tell?? Like Hell you didn’t. At first it was cocaine. Than it was everything. 5 hospital visits. But someone did notice. He saw her in the hallways. Watching her throw her life away. But he didn’t want her to do that. Lunch was the time to say hi. She seemed nervous when he walked up. He walked with her.
Why did he start talking to her? She was so confused. He never talked to her before. Was it pity? Maybe she needed it. Maybe she needs a friend. People stared at them. She wasn’t used to this much attention. What is happening? Is this a joke? Was something bad going to happen?
The Boy and Girl walked to class. No saying anything. But he would wait for her every morning by the front doors. Soon he was walking her to her classes. He knew where her locker was and he memorized her classes. They started eating lunch together. And yet, they haven’t spoken to each other yet.
He watched her. I knew what went on inside her head. For he too had a secret. He would take some of his moms makeup to hide the bruises. Luckily they have the same skin tone. He knew why his dad was angrey all the time. Why he never got up off the couch in front of the t.v. sometimes he would come home late at night with more alcohol in his system then there should be and that’s when he would tell the boy he was worthless, and pathetic. He would knock him around on the ground. One time he pushed the boy down a flight of stairs. But all, the boy thought about was the girl.
He followed her around and was with her every day. He thought he spotted her looking at him before she turned her head and covered her face with a wall of her hair. He smiled.
What is he doing? The girl kept her head down and away from him but she never told him to leave. Why can’t I say anything to him?
One day after the last bell of the day rang, the boy walked her to her locker and stood there waiting for her so he could take her home. For the first time, a boy walked her home. He knew later that his dad wouldn’t be happy with him but he didn’t care. Soon he knew where she lived. He knew a lot more about her then anyone. Somehow she was ok with that.
They were walking to class when something clicked inside of his head. He stopped walking to see if it and turned back. She saw him and stopped. He saw the worry and sadness in her eyes. They stood there, gazing at each other while other people looked at them with annoyance as they pushed by as they ran to their next class. But they didn’t move. Soon the hallways emptyed and the bell rang. They were late for class. But they didn’t care. They just stood there, together.
He slowly took one step closer to her, to see what she would do. She just watched him. She soon closed up and made herself small without moving her feet. As he got closer to her, she wondered. Why isn’t he taunting me?
He took her hand into his and brought her wrist up to his face. His fingertips gently brushed over the open wounds. He could hear her breath and gasped at the pain. He looked down at her, into her beautiful blue eyes and said “Hey”
When the boy spoke to her, for the very first time, she was taken back. That little word of greetings had much more meaning to both of them than any one they ever knew.
Why can`t I say anything back to him? It’s like she lost her voice and can’t speak.
She gazed up into his milk chocolate eyes. They were full of wonder and curiosity.
Time went on as they stood there. She didn’t know what to do. Her curiosity grew when he took her hand and lead her somewhere far away. He stopped her and said “Hey, my name is Sam. You don’t have to speak to me if you don’t want to. I just want to tell you that I noticed you when you thought no one else did.” Sam. She always liked the name Sam.
But she couldn’t say anything back. How could she? She hasn’t heard her own voice in years, let alone someone’s voice talking to her. Even her parents stopped talking to her and treated her like she was never there.
But there was one thing that she could to. The one thing that she never got as a child. The one thing and the only thing that she was ready for.
She stepped close to him slowly and embraced him. At first she could feel his body stiffen beside hers but he relaxed and surprised her. He embraced her back. They held each other for only God knows how long.
When they finally let go they knew something weird happened. Like they both knew that they could figure out what was going on in their lives together. They had to be strong for each other. No matter what.
For a while it was only him talking and her listening. And she was ok with that. They would stay with each other until the very last second. And he made sure he walked her home safely. But he wasn’t safe at home.
He walked in and he knew he was there. His father. Eyes blood-shot and face red. Smoke was in the air. He knew what was coming, and it was coming hard.
She saw the bruises’. But she couldn’t say anything about them. She saw how he tried to cover them up but he couldn’t cover them up well enough. Somehow she knew that she had to help him.
They were in a wheat field. Just laying there, watching the clouds go by. She looked at him. Sam. Her friend. Her one true friend that needed her help.
She grabbed his hand. He looked at her. She tried to say something, and he could tell.
It was barely a whisper, as if she was trying out her voice, taking it out in a test run. But she spoke: "i-iii-i k-k-no-w what ha-appened S-a-m. I w-w-wanna Help-p-p you."
He smiled at her. He couldn't speak, all he could do was nod. after the weeks that he was with her, she finally spoke. All he could feel was how proud he was of her. They just layed there watching the clouds go by, with not a care in the world.
He finally walked her home. He turned to leave when she reached out a grabbed his hand. "st-tay p-p-pleas. I wan-t-t you do-o" He nodded. she let him in the house and saw her world. It has been years when her parents stopped coming home. But they still paid the bills, it was the least they could do after all.
She was worried and nervous of how he would react. She watched him gaze upon the walls of her writing. Words written in Sharpie all over the walls. He realized they were her own stories and poems. He didn't notice her though leaving and coming back with sheets and a pillow. "You-u can stay here-e if you want." Her voice got stronger, but she was still so shy.
she was the sliver lining in Sam's eyes. She was helping him get out of his fathers life. And he loved her. He knew it. He walked up to and took the sheets out of her hands and placed them on the couch. He pushed back and strand of her hand out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. He lead her eyes to his. They were getting closer and closer. soon they couldn't anywhere. Sam whispered "thank you" and brushed his soft lips upons hers. With her lips still touching his she whispered out "Alice"
sam looked into her eyes and said "Alice, i love you"
© Copyright 2013 LittlemisPOTTER (littlemispoter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946573-Scares-and-Bruises