*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947480-Cock-a-doodle-doo
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Other · #1947480
Hubby and I went camping and had a first row seat at a man walking something very odd.
My husband and I went camping this week and we saw one of the funniest and oddest things I have ever seen while camping.

We were sitting at our campsite watching the people walk by and all of a sudden came a guy with what looked like a little cocker spaniel on a leash. I didn't have my glasses on and I said to Joe "wow, that is a beautiful cocker spaniel isn't it?"; to which Joe replied "honey, put your glasses on....that's a rooster!" I grabbed my glasses and said "wait.....what?" I looked with disbelief at this damn rooster walking down the road on a leash with its owner.

Joe yells at him "NICE 'DOG" and like on queue the rooster crowed or whatever you call it.....or is it cock-a-doodle-doing?; heck I don't know, I'm not a rooster person.

I told Joe he better not come over here because I think those kind of birds are the ugliest things on earth and they creep me out especially the ones with the 'top notch' contraption on their heads!!!

We half expected to hear 'crowing' or cock-a-doodle-doing' at 5 am the next morning. Of course the rooster had kids following it, they thought it was the greatest thing since PB&J!

© Copyright 2013 Sherri McFadden (sherrim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947480-Cock-a-doodle-doo