*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947609-The-wild-wolf
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1947609
The second part of the wild wolf
Sarah
I was talking on the phone with my bff, Lisa Turner, when I saw him. It was like in some romance movie; I hung up, I lifted my eyes and I met his. He was so dark, tall and handsome with his broad shoulders, his fine traits but still very virile, his thin mouth opening a little, discovering his perfect white teeth. I didn't know his name yet, but I felt I had to go with him. My whole mind and body seemed to ache for his presence, to feel him next to me. So I did what I thought was the best thing to do: I continued to walk, my eyes locked on his and I arrived in front of him. We stood there, eyes in eyes, for a minute or two in silence. Finally, he broke the silence:
"Uh... Hi! My name's David... Scott."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Sarah Dean."
I thought he had the most wonderful voice. It seemed so musical but still very... Virile. That man was the most virile man on Earth.
"I was wondering if you'd like, uh... Maybe a coffee?" he asked me, uncertain.
"Well, sure! Why not?"
We walked for several minutes in silence. I felt his gaze on me many times but I didn't dare to look up at him. He was impressing me, maybe even intimidating me. He was about a head and a half taller than I was. Finally, we entered a little coffee shop and I sat to a table for two while Daniel was ordering. I cheked on my phone for a little game to play since there was at least 15 people in the line. I was about to score when Daniel came next to me and I jumped in surprise, letting go of my phone. I bent to get it as he did the same and our foreheads came crashing on each other. I lifted my head, rubbing it.
"Ouch, dammit! I'm sorry, Daniel."
"No, it's fine."
He grabbed my phone and handed it to me. I took it in one hand and my coffee in the other. I politely put my phone in my purse and I looked at him.
"Thanks, by the way. For the coffee."
He kept silent.
"So," I began uneasily. "What do you do?"
He lifted an eyebrow.
"I'm taking a coffee with you, I guess."
"No! It's not what I meant. I meant, what do you do in life?"
"Oh! I'm... a director."
"Of what?"
"Of..."
He seemed to search for the correct answer. I encouraged him softly.
"A store? An enterprise? A school?"
"It's more of an independant enterprise, yes."
"What's its name?"
"Uh... It's called Scott and Inc."
"What does it do?"
"It... Forms people..." he said, obviously uneasy.
"For what?" I persisted,
He seemed to think. I decided to let go.
"Well, if it ever interests you, I work as an infirmary."
"Really? That's pretty nice!" he said, relivied that I changed the subject on me.
"Yeah, at St. Peterson's hospital."
"And where do you live?"
"Few blocks away, on the Grey road."
"Uhm, that's nice."
"I've never seen you before. Where do you live?" I tried again.
"In Russia."
I lifted an eyebrow.
"But your name is not Russian, though. Why?"
"My mom is Canadian and her dead brother was called Daniel. But, without his death, I would have been called Alexander, wich is a Russian name."
"Yeah, I think Alexander is a better name for you."
I thought that it suited him perfectly. In fact, he could have told me his name would have been Bert that I would have thought it suited him too. We talked for at least an hour about us and everything. We even took two or three coffees, just to... well, drink coffee with a nice person. Finally, a doctor called me to tell me they needed help back at the hospital.
"Alright, I'm coming right away."
I hung up and told Daniel that I had to go for an emergency. He offered me to spend the night with him at the hotel.
"Again, why not? But... I just want to talk with you," I said firmly.
"Yes, me too. I got to tell you something about myself that you won't like."
I stiffened.
"What, you have a police record? You're a fugitive from Russia?" I tried to joke.
"No, of course not! But I'm here for a reason I will tell you tonight, I promise."
Adter that, all I was thinking about was Daniel and his secret, or at least his secret reason of his presence here. But still, I was glad that the reason made him come to me. This is what I call destiny.
© Copyright 2013 ColdWinter (coldwinter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947609-The-wild-wolf