*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947907-The-wild-wolf
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1947907
The third part of The wild wolf.
Daniel
I couldn't stop thinking about her. Ever since I had laid eyes on her, I just wanted to be next to her, to touch her skin, to kiss her lips. She was obsessing me. I kept seeing her green-golden strayed eyes, her angelic face and her magnificent smile. I was sitting on my bed, longing for the time to pass faster. While I was doing nothing of my life, she was probably saving lives with her only smile. She was in my mind every second of every minute of every hour... Unfortunately, there was no chance she could be my mate because she wasn't a werewolf. I mean, she was all alone. A werewolf can't be alone forever, and she was 23 years old or someting like that. I had to visit the packs before I completely fell for her... If it wasn't already the case.

When 7 o'clock appeared on the alarm clock, I jumped off the bed, went down to the lobby, took my car and left for her apartement. When I arrived on the Grey road, I realised that she didn't tell me her adress. I parked before a house and knocked on the door. An elder woman answered.
"What can I do for you, young boy?" she asked me.
"Do you know where Sarah Dean lives?" I asked with my most assuring voice.
"Oh, let me fetch her for you," she sais as she turned away.
Thinking she was grabbing her coat, I assured her:
"Madam, there is no need for you to go outside, really..."
I broke off when I saw her climbing up the stairs. I stood on the porch when I heard a familiar female voice saying:
"Grandma, who was it?"
Sarah.
"A young boy came for you, my dear. Go at the front door. Well, hurry! You can't let him stand like an idiot in the door like this!"
I chuckled when I saw Sarah going down the stairs. When she realised who was in the door, she hurried me in.
"I'm so sorry, Daniel! Please come in!" she invited me. "And don't worry, I didn't forget for tonight. I was just helping my grand-mother."
"You live here?"
She took a moment to answer.
"Uhm, well... Yes, for the moment. I do."
"With your grand-mother?" I persisted, "It's not that I think it's stupid, but... I mean, why? I'm curious."
"Well, since my grand-father died, she's... a little weird, you know... And I'm worried for her. So as long as she wants me too, and as long as I feel she needs me, I'll stay here. I don't mind, though. She's really nice."
"I bet she is," I answer frankly. "Does she mind us going at my hotel?"
"Oh, don't worry about that. She thinks it is, quote, 'the most amazing opportunity for a woman like me to get to know a gentleman like this generous boy. What's his name again?' "She ended up, laughing.
I laughed too and I was sure it was going to be a great night. We grabbed our coats and we went out, saying goodbye to Sarah's grand-mother, whose name was Meredith. She took my car, talking about all the stuff we thought about. When we arrived to the hotel, I remarked many men's jealous faces as Sarah remarked many women's jealous ones. We laughed lightly about it and went to my room upstairs. In the elevator, though, we didn't talk. But it wasn't an awkward silence. It was just a I-think-about-something-so-don't-disturb-me silence. I took the card in my pocket as the doors of the elevator opened. We remained silent, but now it was getting awkward. We got into the room and I broke the silence.
"Okay, Sarah. I know I told you I had a secret, but I'm not sure that I want to begin with that, but I feel like I have to. So, I'm going to let you decide. But first, I just want to tell you that I don't have bad motives, I'm not a killer and you might be disgusted by me when I tell you, and I don't want to spoil the evening. So, what do you decide?" I said firmly but gently.
She took a moment of consideration and then said with determination:
"I want you to tell me now, so we'll be over with that."
She sat on the big, luxiourious bed and waited silently while I got mentally prepared for the hardest rejection of my life. Well, maybe she would turn out to be a werewolf too, who knows? With no clan, but still...
"Let me go straight to the point. I..." I hesitated suddenly. She gave me an encouraging smile and I continued. "I'm not human."
"Then what are you?" she asked incredoulously.
"I... You won't believe me and you will think I'm crazy. Promise you'll be very, very, very," I insisted on the last one, "open-minded. I need you to do that."
"I promise."
I sighed and let it out in one shot:
"I am a werewolf."
She remained silent for a moment.
"Got anything to say?" I asked.
She looked at me, and I feared I could see disdain, but all I saw was emptiness.
"What?" she asked.
"I'm a werewolf," I repeated patiently.
"How? It's not possible, those things don't exist. They don't, Daniel."
"Sarah, I can prove you. My eyes, they're not human. If you want to, I can change-"
"No!" she screames hysterically. "This does not exist, nor vampires! This is craziness, Daniel! Craziness!"
"Sarah, please," I said in a calm and soft voice. "Calm down. Listen to me. I have proofs. I can prove you this is not craziness."
She was shaking but she sat on the bed. I took a deep breath and I went on.
© Copyright 2013 ColdWinter (coldwinter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947907-The-wild-wolf