*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948282-Jealousy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1948282
These things take time.
These things take time, time, time, time, time.

And the feeling drags you backwards.

xxxxx

Her face seems soft. The corners of her mouth are turned up slightly, almost as if she is smiling. If it weren't for the pale, cracked lips... she would look lively. If the sun were able to warm her skin... would it glow?

Life is darkness and light held together only by skin and air. In the beginning, that is.

A life can also be years of laughter and tears held together by skin and air and... something else.

Something that must be hard to define, because never does it look the same. None of the paintings or pictures or combinations of letters and words seem to agree with each other.

xxxxx

Will he be able to breathe properly any time soon? He has an important meeting and he needs to be at school to pick up his daughter and his mother just called, you know how she is, never stops talking and complaining, oh, i almost forgot: what do you want to eat for dinner? Don't forget to call the florist and order tulips.

The air holds him together, remember that. And maybe that nice suit of his. Quality fabric and all that.

xxxxx

Where's your logic now, lady? Use it. Find some way to apply that shiny and comfortable logic of yours onto me. Onto the world. Tell me, instruct me, and I will do as you say. Paint the world in only black and white and give it to me because if you do it will be my only reality, that painting of yours.

xxxxx

Her hair seems shiny. How can it be shinier than mine? There's nothing there, for fucks sake. There is only skin and air held together by some kind of desperation, but there is no life, no laughter or tears or darkness and light. There are just threads and pieces and hair much shinier than mine will ever be. Jealousy has never come in a more inappropriate moment.

xxxxx

Cover up the signs of insomnia. Cover up all the pimples with make up, please. I don't want to see the ugly things on you. Cover them up and keep them inside of you. Please. I can't see your insides. I can only see your skin. And lifeless hair.

xxxxx

So he sleeps, and he dreams, and she lives.
© Copyright 2013 danitheduck (danitheduck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948282-Jealousy