*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948284-Twenty-Minutes-of-Darkness
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1948284
"Why are you haunting me?" He asks one night, as they just got home.
She stands before him, pale like a ghost.

"Leave me alone," he says.

At first she doesn't say anything but after a few seconds her lips move.

"You are alone."

And then he is staring at a wall, conversing with no one in particular.

xxxxx

He's watching TV. But he's not. She's perched on the sofa next to him, painting her nails. He looks at her as she concentrates on the task, and finds it strange that he doesn't have a head ache.

"I hate you," He says to her.

"You're lying." She says without looking at him.

"No, I'm acting."

And she looks up at him, countenance unreadable. He can see the sun behind her head and it freaks him out.

xxxxx

"Why are you haunting me?" He asks one night, as they just got home. She's been following him everywhere.

"I'm not, Lawrence." She sighs and her voice sounds strong and irritated and more alive than she will ever be again. "I'm not a ghost. I'm just a figment of your imagination. I'm from inside your head." She smiles at him, but there's no joy, only threat and pale lips the colour of blood.
© Copyright 2013 danitheduck (danitheduck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948284-Twenty-Minutes-of-Darkness