*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948988-Answer-to-a-Prayer
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1948988
Christian Writing
   
An Answer to a Prayer



    I was 30 years old when I had my second daughter. My first daughter was stillborn. The labor was many many hours and it was necessary to take her Caesarean.  I could hear everything during the procedure, including the doctors talking about golf.

    They began delivering her and she was blue. Their tone quickly changed  as they realized one lung wasn't working. An ambulance took her to Oklahoma City Children's Hospital right away.  They took her away from me and I didn't see her for a week.

    During that week I prayed and prayed for my little girl. I didn't believe anyone that told me she was still alive.  As I lay in the hospital bed the depression was becoming overwhelming. I cried and cried and was so frightened I would have to bury another little baby.

    Then, an answer to my prayers came to me, they brought her back to my hospital. After a  long week I could finally hold my little baby girl.

    Naturally I counted all her fingers and toes. I looked into her angel eyes and knew my prayers had been answered.

190 words

YellowRose
© Copyright 2013 Yellow Rose (yellowroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1948988-Answer-to-a-Prayer