*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949209-Teen-love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1949209
Young love... Really?
Reading some of the other stuff printed here, it seems a lot of it is devoted to love and loss among young people. Teen girls and teen boys both make mistakes in relationships. Part of what I see as a problem is that neither, as a teen, has likely supported themselves totally and were still able to turn to Mommy and Daddy for assistance. (Though they resented having to do it.)
I had two teenage daughters. (six years apart) Now that they are adults, they have confirmed what I had told them when they were teens many years ago.
This is what I told them: "Young boys "play" at love which they don't understand, because they want sex. Young girls "play" at sex, which they don't understand, because they want to be loved."

Another problem is that sex and love are being promoted by Hollywood and the media as the same thing. They are very far apart.
Boys lie(or think they mean it) when they tell the girl what she wants to hear.
Girls hear words they want to hear and believe that "magic" is in the air.
The movies often portray "love" at first sight. The couple doesn't know each other or barely knows one another. At best, this can only be lust at first sight. Physical beauty doesn't last. Nor will the relationship if that's what it's based on. To make a relationship last, it takes commitment and owning up to your responsibility to love each other unconditionally. None of this, "I'll love you forever IF...
IF what? If they stay fit? If they don't lose their hair? If they don't become crippled, disabled, or disfigured. How about if they go blind?
Putting a condition on love by saying, "I'll love you if" means it isn't true love at all.

© Copyright 2013 ded2daworld (ded2daworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949209-Teen-love