*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949295-Tragedy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Tragedy · #1949295
Just a little something my friend inspired me to write
And in that moment I saw beauty, not the kind most people see, but the kind of beauty you have to look hard to find. I saw the tragedy shimmer across her face and it was lovely. That may sound morbid, but it takes a broken person to see the sheer magnificence in being shattered into pieces. Sometimes broken pieces are the most beautiful of all. Broken things have the possibility of being put back together as something new and more than it was before. The same applies to people, you can see it on someone's face. It may only be for a split second, but it is always there. Not everyone knows how to see it, that is the problem. People look and only see the sadness in front of them, but if you look deeper that's when you find it. She stood in front of me wondering if I was judging her as everyone else was. To most, she was a broken, sad girl, but to me she was beautiful. Someone who had seen hard times and could come through them. Sometimes it's not the end reward of the journey that is the most wonderful, but how you got to the end; that is what makes you beautiful. I could see in her eyes the journey she was on. I also saw something she could not, I saw hope. Hope is the most beautiful of all. It's hard to see it in yourself, but it's there. It's that glimmer you feel when you know deep inside of you that you are going to make it, you are going to be okay. I wonder if she could see it when she looked at me; the broken person I had been. Could she see the beautiful tragedy that glimmered in my eyes? It takes a broken person to know another, but it also takes a strong person to see another. I could see the strength in her even though she could not. I knew she would be alright, but the beautiful mess would always be there, hiding behind her eyes for only the broken people to see. Just as mine was; hidden for all to see.
© Copyright 2013 GypsyChild (thumbalina2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949295-Tragedy