*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949386-Murphys
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1949386
An explosive sewage leak ruins Murphy's day.
“Are you going to eat that?” asked Andy, he had dabbed up the last of his own Full English with a slice of toast more than five minutes ago. Murphy’s breakfast was scarcely touched, since the waitress had brought their food over he had done little but half-heartedly nudge the food about his plate with a fork.

“I’m too upset to eat” said Murphy sliding the plate across the table knocking a pepper pot over in the process “You have it”

Murphy shook his head like he still couldn’t quite believe what had happened “I flushed the toilet and it just exploded, boom, raw sewage straight in the face. You should see the state of the bathroom, the stuff’s all over the walls, the mirror, the floor. The people in the flat below are going to go nuts when they see what’s leaking through their ceiling.”

Andy struggled to supress the smile which was threatening to put in an appearance. Poor old Murph, things like this just seemed to happen to him. It was kind of funny really but Murphy wasn’t feeling it at the moment. Andy thought he had better try to be supportive for now “Phone the guy, he botched the job, he’s got to come out and sort it” he said.

“Yeah…” agreed Murphy but his voice didn’t carry much conviction.

Anyone else would call the plumber and give him hell, Andy wondered if that’s what Murphy would do. The guy never stood up for himself, he always let people walk all over him. Andy’s chair scraped on the floor as he pushed it back and rose to his feet. “Gotta go, let me know how it works out. Do you mind paying for the grub? I don’t want to break into a note”
© Copyright 2013 Coelacanth (coelacanth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949386-Murphys