*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950489-Revenge
by Raven
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1950489
I wrote this for a 300 word story compertion
No one else was about this morning, empty of others gave the impression that this place was still wild and untamed. I push off with my poles and slide silently down the slope, my skis leaving tracks that showed where I had passed on the other-wise clear ground. No one was there to watch my swift descent. I was as free as a bird. Years dropped off me as I steered around logs and flew off moguls.

I bring my thoughts back to the skis. I must focus, I am competing today, it was my last chance to beat her and get revenge her, my sister that ruined our family. My last year before I retire and return to my home in Hobart. I become aware of another skier just behind me. I crouch low, urging my self to go fast, still they gain ground. There is only one person that could gain ground on me. They are beside in another second. I glance over and nod curtly “Sister”. Her brown eyes look back at me, the same brown eyes as mine but younger. She looks forward and nods.

Another mogul appears from the mist, I flip off it and look across to see her landing perfectly. Glowering, I turn sharply, heading towards a log. She follows me. I jump and ski down side ways. I look back, she is sliding down on one ski. The moments distraction is to long, I don't see the ice. I slip of the log and land heavily on my side. Some thing cracks but I feel no pain. I try to stand and scream as pain shoots from my hip. It is broken, I can't compete, my revenge plans shatter like glass. My last chance is gone. She has won again.

The end
© Copyright 2013 Raven (ravenbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950489-Revenge