*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950578-Peculiar-dialogue
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1950578
a dialogue between antagonist and protagonist, describing the author
Writing prompt: Your protagonist and antagonist are discussing you. Write the scene.
S being the protagonist and J being the antagonist.

S: It’s odd how she always turns to us out of the blue. It doesn’t seem like she thinks about us, but as if she sees or hears something that all of a sudden she could connect with us. Brilliant, she is.

J: Oh, I’ve seen better. Smarter, nicer, more graceful. Sometimes I’d just say that she’s ordinary.

S: But she wrote you. And you’re not ordinary. Do you think that an ordinary person could write characters like you and me? Do you think that anyone ordinary could get inspired the way she does? She sees beauty in everyone and everything and she tries to bring it out.

J: Maybe.. But she’s trying to be a writer and she doesn’t even write on a regular basis. She loves her characters so much that she doesn’t know how to make them not perfect because to her, they’ll always be. I’m not even sure that there is anyone of us she doesn’t love. I’m supposed to be the bad guy and look at me!

S: Well, maybe, she’s trying to show that anyone can turn into a bad guy. With a bit of wrong influence maybe even I could turn into one. We don’t know yet how strong I am. I am whatever she imagines. I am a big part of her, I guess. And she doesn’t know how she will turn out and what will happen. She hasn’t figured it all out yet. But she will, don’t you think?

J: I guess.. She’d better. I don’t want to be mediocre. I want to be superb and I know that she’s capable of writing me that way. But, like you said, she doesn’t have all the answers yet. And I’m afraid that she might go the other way.

S: She might, but she won’t. How come you don’t know her, even though you’re a fragment of her? You come from the darkest places of her soul, probably most delicate ones, those parts no one has ever reached and yet, you act as if you have seen her for the first time.

J: I just think that she doesn’t know herself. She doesn’t know what she’s capable of, she doesn’t use it. She’s frightened and there’s no one to soothe her. I love her, of course I do, but I’m afraid there might be someone better for me, to write me.

S: It’s obvious that you’re just a character, without a brain of your own. You idiot, if there weren’t for her, there wouldn’t be us. You wouldn’t exist at all. Maybe some very deformed version of yourself, but not you. No one would love you the way she does, no one would care about your fate and try and work out all the best outcomes for you. And you just take it all for granted. She is the best. Maybe not for others, but for us she is. Oh look. We just made her smile. And brought tears to her eyes. That’s how much she loves us.

J: (looks towards her) Yeah, I guess she is special. And if she doesn’t know it, I hope she can hear it now. We love her as well.
© Copyright 2013 SophieMoon (sophiemoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950578-Peculiar-dialogue