*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950836-Its-not-a-big-deal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1950836
Girl tell her over protective and religious parents what she has done at college so far.
“It’s not a big deal”




“Dad, I have to tell you something.”

“Oh, well can I go first?”

“Yeah, sure, of course. It’s really not that important.”

“Okay honey. I just want to tell you how proud I am of you.”

“Oh? You are?”

“Yes! Of course I’m proud of my little girl!”

“Um, why exactly?”

“What you’re doing with school is just great. You’re playing soccer, which is just a plus but you have the basics covered. Your grades are still good, aren’t they?”

“Yes, dad they are.”

“So you will be getting a 4.0”

“Um, doing my best daddy!”

“And I just know that you are still attending church every Sunday. You’re mother and I have raised you in a Christian way of life and I’m glad that you are sticking to that way of life, right?”

“Umm, I’m going my best to.”

“And even though you are exposed to new things, you have stayed to your values. You didn’t come home with a piercing. And I just know you hate tattoos so that’s out of the question.”

“Well, dad…”

“Oh, and we received that brochure about the study abroad program. I think that is a great idea. The church at your university is really doing a lot around the world. And I have a great idea! When you come back from the trip, you can speak to our church about what you learned. Isn’t that a good idea, Harley?”

“Yeah, dad, that sounds great. But I don’t think I’m going on that trip.”

“Why not? It would be a wonderful experience for my perfect daughter!”

“I wouldn’t go that far, I’m not perfect.”

“Oh, but I think so. We did a wonderful job raising you. And everyone says we sheltered you too much from the real world.”

“Yeah, well I’m in the real world now that I have started college and…”

“Well look everyone, look who is laughing now!”

“Well, dad….everyone else is still laughing.”

“Excuse me?”

“I told you that I have something to tell you.”

“Oh, dear God, what did you do?”

“It’s really not that big of a deal. I just got a small tattoo and my belly button pierced…”

“I thought you said it wasn’t a big deal?”

“Dad, it’s really not. Me wrecking your car was a big deal.”

“Oh, no. No, this is way worse than you totaling my car!”

“Wow, thanks?”

“Where did you put this curse of Satin?”

“My back.”

“Lower?”

“Ummm…”

“TRACY!”

“Yes, dear?”

“Well, daddy, the tattoo isn’t all I have now.”

“What else is there?”

“I have a boyfriend now too.”

“So putting a bullet in my head wasn’t good enough for you, so you had to drive a knife through my heart too?”

“Dad, you named me Harley for crying out loud! What did you think was gonna to happen when I went to school?”

“Honey, go for a walk and let me talk to our daughter.”

“Fine, but I’m not done with her yet.”



“Let me see it.”

“Okay…”

“So what made you think that getting a butterfly tattoo above your rear was a good idea?”

“It’s sexy, mom.”

No, dear, it’s not. Next time get a four-leaf clover.”

“Why would I do that?”

“Maybe it will give you luck, and your father won’t kill you.”

“It’s really not a big deal.”

“Then what the hell is a big deal to you?”

“Remember how I said I had a boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I kinda lost something.”

“You have better be talking about some money.”

“You know what mom? I just remembered that I do have class tomorrow. So, ummm, I’m gonna go ahead and pack up the car and head back tonight.”

“And the rest of your things will be waiting for you at your aunt’s house for Christmas break.”

“What? Why?”

“We don’t raise hellions at this house. I advise you leave before your father gets back.”

“Love you too, mom. Bye?”













© Copyright 2013 katieee (katiefstptch3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950836-Its-not-a-big-deal