*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950869-Dont-call-me-Shirley
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Comedy · #1950869
Dealing with the IRS is not something someone should do sane. All there is to it!
My first name is Sherri. For over nine years now, the IRS sends different letters and has my first name as ‘Shirley.’
I have sent them letters asking them to stop calling me Shirley my first name is Sherri." Sending copies of birth certificates; driver’s license, and social security have not helped, they still call me Shirley.

Deciding to fix this one way or the other, I called them again.

An agent came on the phone and asked what my name was, I told her ‘Sherri McFadden.’ She asked what my address was, I told her, and she puts me on hold.
After about 10 minutes, she comes back on and says, "Ma'am, I am no longer going to be able to talk with you, as you are a security risk. You are not giving me the correct information we have in our database.”
Click...she hangs up!

Throwing the phone across the room gave me great satisfaction! I said to myself "my first name is not Shirley, darn it!” What more could I do to convince these morons of who I was?

Again, I sent them a letter with copies of my birth certificate, driver’s license, and social security number.
About 4 months later, they sent a letter and this is what it said:

"After reviewing our records more thoroughly we see that we made a mistake.
Your first name is Sherri and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. To update here is what we have in our records:

Your name and address is:
Sherri Shank
4545 G. Street
Bend, Or 97001



They have my first name correct now, except they have screwed up my last name. Shank was my maiden name, not my married name! Maybe in another ten years they will get that right!

© Copyright 2013 Sherri McFadden (sherrim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950869-Dont-call-me-Shirley