*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950902-Where-the-moon-rest---Goodbye
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mythology · #1950902
Storm is alone
Wordcount: 1,050



Water rolled down Storm's back as the rain drenced her. She ignored it, kneeling in front of the grave; her face wore absolutely no expression. Storm felt utterly numb and her hand tightened painfully around the stem of the single white rose she held in her hand. The smell of blood reached her nostrils and suddenly it felt like she could breathe again. She opened her hand and the rose fell to the ground, blood ran down the stem and she looked at her hand. The long thorns had cut into her skin but the cuts were already healing. Her hair was plastered to her skin looking black in color. Her green-gray colored eyes were dull.



She got to her feet and walked away without looking back. She resembled a drowned rat; water ran down her neck and down her back. Her black jeans and long sleeved shirt was soaked through and her black combat boots and socks were wet inside. Water sloshed in her boots as she walked. It was close to midnight and most kids were in bed or should have been. The streets were now mainly filled with those seeking pleasure. People looked at her strangely as she walked down the street. Storm were oblivious to it.



Inside her a primal instinct awoke and moved uneasily. She felt Storm's pain and the dead feeling made her nervous. Also Storm's absolute disregard to their surroundings made her uneasy. They were not safe, and this was putting them in even more danger. Even more frightening to her was the total lack of response from Storm when she stepped forward to take control. She hated the city, hated being around humans. Under normal circumstances Storm would never let her take full control here.



The cemetary was close to the edge of town and she kept walking. The small town was surrounded by forest and that was where she was heading. Storm had watched from a distance while Hannah was put to ground. There were no people other than the priest and the funeral director at the gravesite. Storm organized everything over the phone. Hannah deserved a decent burial.



She came here with Hannah and she knew they brought only their clothes when they came here. Nothing of value was left behind Storm that held her in this town. There were no reason for her to stay. And a lot of reason to leave.



Firstly they were going to be looking for her now that Hannah was dead. Humans believed sixteen year old girls could not take care of themselves. Perhaps human girls could not, but she was not human. Social services would view her as just another human girl. And Storm had no wish to be put into their system.



Secondly those that put Hannah into the ground were going to want to kill her. They didn't want witnesses. And she didn't plan on dying just yet. They might not know that she was with Hannah but she was not taking that risk. The fact that she could not stop their attack ate at Storm. She failed Hannah.



Thirdly, now that she no longer had Hannah's protection, others of their kind would try and harm her. Hannah said there were other wolves here. She was killed on her way to a meeting with them. Storm trusted no one. With good reason. Halflings were frowned upon and eliminated rather than tolerated. Even though Hannah was a full blooded wolf she did her best for Storm. When it became clear that Storm had magick as well as her wolf form; her guardian made sure that those skills were honed as well as her fighting skills. Hannah was family. Her only family; and now she were gone.



Inside hurt and numb, Storm stumbled into the forest. Storm the wolf sighed in relief. It was finally safe enough to take on her true form. She felt her body start to change. The human part of her curled up inside,distraught, she did not want to feel anymore and let the wolf side  take over completely. Her only wish was to leave the wolves' territory and the humans behind.



She was not very big in size, still a juvenile and growing. She was reddish brown in color and had a little bit of grey in het coat and around her muzzle and chest. Her green eyes scanned her surroundings for danger and any threats. Hannah has trained her to fight as wolf and hguman so she was not defenseless nor was she weak. The fact that she was still so young was both to her advantage and also made her a bit vulnerable.



Firstly her youth and size might make  anyone taking her on misjudge her skill and how dangerous she could be. The disadvantage was that she did not yet have the strenght adults had yet. Not that storm was planning on running into any of her own kind any time soon.



Storm the "human" girl disappeared. She ran into the storm, letting the rain erase her tracks.
© Copyright 2013 nicky Ive (iveson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950902-Where-the-moon-rest---Goodbye