*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951029-Prevention-in-3000
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Sci-fi · #1951029
A man who gains ridiculous speed travels into the future by running faster than light.
Will was pretty damn anxious. He had been training all year to perform in the running competitions. He had previously earned 3 gold metals, but that was a different time. This time he really knew what the competition was, which was mostly what had scared him. The Olympics had only just started, so he had some time to squeeze in some last minute practicing. He had completed a fifty-yard dash in 6 seconds, 100-yard dash in 9.3 seconds, and a 10-yard dash in .8 seconds. Odds are, he would earn a fourth metal.

Will was outside the stadium running around it a bunch of times in preparation for the dashes and races. He had run around the stadium twice without running out of on tiny bit of energy. He began to gain confidence when he got around the building in 17.3 seconds. He was finally ready. Will's race was coming up, and as he was probably ready to run 500 races, he ran around the stadium for all the time he had until he had to get in that stadium instead of being around it.

And that's when he found out it was time to go. His heart was thumping so hard he thought it would burst through his ribcage and fall out his chest. That just made him want to vomit, which is not the correct feeling you want before running marathons.

"Shit." He said as he entered the stadium.

"What the fuck will I do if I lose, I lost a big chunk of my life, then. That's what." he said to himself
© Copyright 2013 Scott Frederick (acetheskunk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951029-Prevention-in-3000