*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952213-Wild-Life-The-Man-Turned-Animal-Vol-3
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #1952213
More stories, some of these were already in my portfolio.
I've got more stories here, if you want to check 'em out:

http://swappingcircus.wordpress.com/

Additional Notes: I moved some of the stories in my gallery into one collection.

Hamster Trance

         There once was a man named Greg Masterson, who was a kind man with a kind family. He wasn't one to spoil his kids, or to be rude to them either. He always seemed to be in good spirit, and had a very kind attitude. Well, except for one day when he came home and became very belligerent. There was no good reason for his new attitude, and he seemed to be hateful and spiteful simply because he could. He didn't seem like a human at all, he wouldn't behave properly or even attempt to act normal. One day, he came home and was simply too angry. He had become a deadbeat and a monster, and now he was going to prove it. He burnt down his house, along with his family and his cherished memories.

         It was a sad day in Swift Current, Saskatchewan to say the least. However... That wasn't him, the poor man was trapped. "What you mean by trapped?" You ask, to which I will now tell you. You see that man is trapped, in the last place he went to. That place was a local pet shop, trapped in the body of a pitiful rodent. He became this way for one reason alone, he was unfortunate enough to go inside. When entering this shop, no human being leaves with their body. In actuality, they don't even leave at all. The only way they were getting out of there, was in a pet's cage.

         However, allow me to start all the way from the beginning. Greg had just finished a long day at his local office. He was a data entry clerk, and a real good one at that. He was a masterful typist, and a snazzy dresser. He was decked out in his all black suit, with his typical purple tie. He decided that on his way home from work, he would stop and pick up a hamster wheel for his daughter. She had just bought a cute adorable hamster named Iggy with her saved up money.

         Greg wanted to reward her daughter for sticking to her guns and saving up her cash. So, he wanted to buy her a hamster wheel for her brand new hamster. Greg happened across a pet shop that had recently opened, it was a dull blue color with a bright red sign on that front that said "Grand opening!" However, that's when Greg began to take notice of some strange things. This was the grand opening, yet the building looked ancient. Faded walls, scuffed up windows, and a sufficient lack of weed-pulling made this building seem downright derelict.

         Greg was hesitant to go in at first, but his curiosity was now piqued. He wanted to see if the inside to this new shop was any better than the outside. Greg stepped onto the porch of the old building, kicking up a large amount of dust when he stepped on doormat. Pushing open the door, he was greeted by the typical bell jingle that signified a new customer. Before Greg could do anything he was immediately greeted by the old man who ran the shop. "Hello there, good sir. What kind of animal are you in the mood for today?" Asked the old man, who's smile gave Greg an uneasy feeling.

         There wasn't something quite right about that smile, even though it seemed innocent enough. There was something wrong about it, but Greg couldn't place his finger on it. "Uh... Sure!" Greg said while giving the man a wide grin, "I'm looking for a hamster wheel!" Stated Greg, who felt like he was being put on the spot. "A hamster wheel huh? We sold out, but fortunately enough we just got a new shipment yesterday. I'll grab 'em and the stock the shelves ASAP. In the meantime, feel free to take a look at our little critters over there." Said the man pointing to the hamster cage.

         Hamsters had always been Greg's favorite animal, even more so than dogs or cats. "Alright." Said Greg, as he approached the hamster cage. "Feel free to pick one of those buggers up. A lot of people tend to find more in common with their favorite animals if they interact with them." Said the strange old man in a very cryptic tone. Before Greg could ask him what he meant, the old man slipped into the back to grab the wheel. Greg looked down at the cage, and inside was a hamster that interested him. It was your stereotypical orange and white hamster, nothing too extraordinary. For some reason, Greg really wanted to hold it.

         Greg reached his hand and scooped up the orange and white rodent, it's tiny pink paws trying to push away Greg's large fingers. "Hey there, little guy!" Said Greg, in a babying tone. Suddenly, Greg's hand opened as if he had no control over it whatsoever. The hamster leapt out of his hand and onto the floor. The tiny rodent darted to the other side of the store, faster than other hamster Greg had seen before Before Greg could react, a strange compulsion overtook him. He fell to his hands and knees, like a common four legged animal. Greg's stature was locked, he was unable to stand like a normal human being anymore.

         The old man walks back into the room, and looks at Greg. As if seeing nothing wrong, the old man simply placed the hamster wheel in front of him. "There you go, little guy. You may not be able to fit in it as of yet, but I'm sure you'll shrink to fit." Said the old man, with another cryptic phrase. Greg tried to ask the old man what was going on, but all that came out was an excited "Squeak!" Greg looked at the wheel in front of him, which strangely began moving. Very slowly at first, the hamster wheel eventually picked up momentum. The wheel spun around and around, the phantom sensation was impossible for Greg to look away from.

         Mesmerized by the wheel, Greg lost all sense of self and of reality. His body became numb and so did his mind. Suddenly, a transformation told hold of him. His began to change, turning a bright pink color. They became smaller, and more delicate gaining a set of claws at the end of each finger tip. His fingers grew wider, and bunched together slightly. His thumbs congealed with his index fingers, to become a segment of his forming paws. His feet followed suit, becoming a matching pair of paws. His body became pudgy, and much fatter to a larger degree. His new weight wasn't a big problem, as his clothes began to wake on a shape more befitting of his posture. His clothes fused to his very skin, the fabric becoming one with his being.

         The fabric began to change it's very makeup, the dull black color became white with orange splotches. The fabric began sprouting hairs, all over his body. The formerly black suit was now becoming a full fur coat, and Greg was too awestruck by the spinning wheel to even notice it. The thick fur spread far and wide across his body, even covering his face. Once the fur covered his face, his mouth and nose began to take on a new shape. They began to combine, forming a muzzle across his bewildered face. His face jutted out slightly to help form this new muzzle, as this happened whiskers formed across the crux of his nose. Along with the formation of his whiskers, his nose shrank and gained a moist texture.

         His eyes turned a pitch black color, giving him the beady black eyes of a hamster. The world around his eyesight turned black and white, many things in the foreground became unclear and grainy. Despite all this, the cursed human kept his eyes on the black and white hamster wheel. He didn't take notice of his eyesight, mainly because he wasn't aware of himself at all. His eyes moved to the side of his head, yet he still turned his head slightly to keep his sight situated on the wheel. His ears crawled up the side of his head, growing slightly large and picking up sounds that no normal human could. His tiny ears twitched as he picked up the old man whispering, "The real fun is about to begin, fatso."

         His nose turned a bright shade of pink, as his sense of smell heightened. His teeth reformed into a new shape, his molars becoming more like fangs and his two front teeth becoming buck-teeth. His molars shifted around and changed shape causing him to uncontrollably grind his molars together as the transformation continued. The next change came in his tailbone, it began pulsating and elongating. His skeletal structure shifted, his tail bone pushing out and forming into a small tail covered in the same fur as the rest of his small body. The rest of his bone structure altered, his four legged statue becoming permanent. The bones in his body shifted and maneuvered allowed for natural movement on all fours. His arms and legs shrunk inwardly, becoming the small, stubby legs of a hamster.

         The change was complete, aside from being the size of an average human, he was almost completely a rodent. The ghostly wheel stopped spinning, and Greg took a look around. Everything was grainy and out of focus, his body felt like someone wrapped him in twenty blankets, and his nose was being assaulted by nasty, foreign smells. Greg had no idea what was going, until he looked down that is. Greg saw two hairy hamster legs in monochrome, along with a pair of tiny hamster paws. He screamed out in terror, only for it to come out as a distressed series of squeaks. Greg got a good look at himself at the side of the glass hamster cage. He was a human-sized hamster, trapped in a form that was alien to him.

         Greg made a dash for the door as fast as his four legs could carry him, he knew that if the police saw a giant hamster that they would shut the store down and try to get everyone transformed back to normal. However, the pet shop owner was standing right next to the door. "Go ahead..." He said, "If you can get that door opened in ten minutes, I'll restore your human form. I'll also alter your memories and remove any traces of this traumatic experience. However, if you fail to do, I will shrink you and keep you in this pet store for the rest of your miserable rodent life. So what are you waiting for? Better get started, Hammy." Greg reared himself up on two legs, pressing his paws into the crus of the mahogany door. He knew his only chance was to used his buck-teeth and mouth to turn the door-knob.

         His paws wouldn't be able to jimmy the door open, they were currently being used to keep him from falling onto his hairy backside. Place his large mouth around the door, he rested his buckteeth on top of the doorknob. Attempting to move the door-know was impossible task, his mouth wasn't able to give the doorknob the friction it needed to be opened. However, after five minutes, the hamster-man managed to get his buck-teeth wedged into the doorknob. Taking a deep breath, he decided to give it his all as he used his powerful legs in a last-ditch effort move. Jumping into the air, Greg used a stunt he saw on a pet show and managed to flip his body. Due to his weight he wasn't able to get much air, however the force of the jump was able to give his teeth enough push to get the knob to turn.

         Greg almost ripped his bucked-teeth off while doing this, but he somehow got the door open. The hamster flopped onto the ground in relief. "Oh too bad..." Said the creepy old man, "You lose." Greg let out a confused squeak. "Don't you get it?" Asked the old man as he opened the door the whole way, revealing that there was a secondary door that wasn't there before. "You lose, off to the hamster cage with you boy. Where you'll spend the next two year running on that precious wheel you wanted to buy for your daughter." Greg knew he still had a chance, he ignored the old man and gripped his mouth around the door-knob of the second door. However, in moments he found his mouth was no longer around the door-knob.

         It was around a large straw, distributing water into his gaping maw. The hamster pried his lips from the tube, and took a look around. He was standing on wood shavings, and his vision was barred by the gates of a steel case. Looking past these caged walls, he saw pet products, that looked bigger than his whole body. That's when he realized it, he was now a regular sized hamster trapped in the cage. However, he wasn't disturbed for a moment, as he knew something the shopkeeper overlooked. Once the police found out that Greg had gone missing, they would search the area.

         They'd begin searching the area, and the shopkeeper would be questioned. The police would dig more, and find that he had been transforming innocent patrons into smelly animals. Unfortunately, these were nothing but delusions for Greg. As a familiar black suit came into view of the cage. A large black and white hand reached for the poor rodent, giving him the shock of his life. It was his own face looking back. "Hey there, little guy!" Said the copy mockingly, which caused Greg to shudder in realization. He had not only transformed into a hamster, but he had swapped bodies with one! "I'm going to enjoy this new life of mine!" Said the hamster, proud of his acquisition.

         "I'd hope so." Said the old man, "I always feel bad about doing that to nice folks. However, that's why the SPCA pays me the big bucks." The hamster wearing Greg's form began to laugh. "Yeah, they pay you the big bucks alright. You get paid for swapping the minds of pets with those of humans. So more people would speak out for animal rights." The old man looked at the body-stealer and said "Well, that was a side-goal. I didn't get many animals doing that, so I decided to branch out. SPCA now has me exchanging the souls of men and animals for one purpose only. That's to create a new race of better humans, who only have animals on their minds. I, myself used to be a parrot. How things change, so very quickly."

         The old man takes the hamster wheel Greg had his eyes on and carries it over to Greg's cage. He opened it up and placed the hamster wheel inside. "Here, you wanted it so badly, it's yours now! Enjoy your new form and life, former human! You won't be around long enough to see "The great Exchange". It will be a sight to behold, I assure you!" The old man slammed the cage door, causing the new Greg to snicker. He laughed on his way out the door, as it was the last glimpse Greg ever had of his body. He never even found out about what happened to his poor family, however there are some fates are too grim to describe.

         What happened to Greg, you ask? I believe that's a story for another day, now that I've told you a story, how about you tell me one of your own? What, you couldn't think of one? Well, I've got an interesting story for you. It's about a story teller who used to run a pet shop, who met a person on a particular day. That person would also visit that pet shop the next day, and never return. Care for an re-enactment? You have no choice in the matter...

Fleas

Author's Note: This is based off a lucid dream I had, in which I staged a body swap with my dog. For those of you who don't know what a lucid dream, it is a dream that you are aware of and can control to an extent.

         I wasn't sure how long I had been sleeping, but the one thing I knew was that I definitely lucid. I was floating, trapped in an incorporeal form. Much like a ghost, I was watching a very familiar room from a high. I looked down at a room that much resembled my own. In fact, if not for differing posters and a couple of book stacks in the corner, I'd say it was my room. Strangely, the occupants were very much the same. I saw my sleeping body in the corner, and my wiener dog Ronny in the corner. Oddly enough, my dreaming mind had conjured a ghostly version of Ronny as well. He was floating over his own body, until he noticed me. The spectral daschund ran up to me and pressed his paws against the bottom of my pant legs.

         Looking down at the little astral dog, I had a very unique idea. What if I could stage a body swap in my lucid dreams with Ronny? Very few dream characters would ever consider swapping bodies with me. I'd ask them, yet my sub-conscious would almost always shove me away. I had very little experience in that kind of bizarre thrill, so I decided to give it another shot. "Hey Ronny!" I exclaimed, which caused my beloved pet's ears to perk up, "Would you like to swap bodies with your master for a while?" The wiener dog happily barked at me, as I pat him on the head. "Alright Ronny go over to my body, and I'll go over to yours."

         The dog listens to me, and floats over to my body, as I float above his. I try to will myself into Ronny's body, however I'm having a hard time doing it. I've only ever been able to stage a couple of body swaps, mainly with the few dream characters that agreed to swap with me. I would use mind-switch helmets, soul swapping medallions and other goofy supernatural devices. However, the circumstances were much different, so engaging a swap might be much different here. I decided to use a special trigger in the dream to help the scenario out. "Vacuum." I stated outright, which caused a suctioning effect to occur on Ronny's body, as well as mine. I felt the suction pull my dream self into Ronny's body, which was asleep in a basket. My spirit entered Ronny's body, and I could feel myself taking control of Ronny's dream form.

         I was suddenly aware of myself, and of my new form. I stood up, the new sensations of being a dog were overwhelming me. I could smell a thousand new smells, and hear a thousand new sounds. I stood up on four legs, which felt surprisingly liberating. I was greeted by my new tail, as hopped out of the doggy bed. I was now the small, black and brown colored wiener dog. Like a baby learning to crawl, I took my first few steps on my new stubby legs. It felt different, but I was able to waddle along at a fairly brisk pace, so it didn't really matter. I walked over to my bed, where Ronny was still fast asleep. I was hoping the dream wouldn't pull Ronny out and replace him with someone else.

         Staging a lucid is hard enough, but when your own mind fights you for what you think should be in your dream, it can get infuriating. Luckily, Ronny was fast asleep in my body, so I decided to leave him like that for a while. I left through an open crack in the door and decided to wander around a bit. However, as soon as I walked out of my room door, a strange feeling coursed through my body. I was itchy all over, and I began scratching like crazy with my new hind leg. "I just gave Ronny a flea bath two nights ago!" I thought to myself as I scratched all over, "This is just ridiculous!" I decided to try to ignore the colony now living on my backside, and go out the back doggy door. I move my narrow and long body down the stairs, which almost felt like being a living slinky. The movement and sensations felt so strange to me, yet so unique and interesting. I reach the bottom of the stairs, and find myself a little lost. Luckily, my new sense of smell leads me towards my destination: The kitchen.

         Walking in a way that is foreign to me was odd enough, however my height was a key factor. I had never felt so miniscule before, it was a vey strange sensation. Much like a real life dog, I only saw in black and white. Colors were now alien to me, the world around now resembled a terrible sci-fi film from the fifties. As I walked, the fleas continued to munch on me and the itching drove me crazy. Maybe a roll through the grass in the backyard would help lessen the torture. I reached the kitchen, which now seemed like a castle from my new vantage point. I walked past the towering cupboards, the table which was now forbidden ground, and the doggy dish which was now my main food supply. Well, at least until the end of the dream that is, at which point reality will actually make sense again. I made it to the doggy door and decided to go through it.

         I hobbled through the swinging door, making sure to be careful it didn't whack my backside by accident. My low hanging stomach banged into the crux of the door by accident. When I got outside into the backyard, I noticed another dog standing there. It was a poodle, a pink one with a red bow. Now my dream was really getting weird, how the heck did a dog get over my fenced in backyard? "Hello there, big boy!" Said the poodle, who began advancing toward me. "Oh no, you're not!" I thought, as I began willing the poodle out of the dream. The image of the weird, promiscuous dog began to flicker and shortly disappeared. "Thank goodness." I thought to myself, "That was a line I never, ever want to cross." I looked around for a buried hole, curious to see what I may discover. Out of the corner of my beady black eyes I spot my quarry, a freshly buried hole.

         I walk briskly towards it, as my paws caress the dew stained grass. I curiously sniff it in an attempt to figure out what it was. However, my nose didn't want to tell me and I was forced to dig. Now I know why dogs like digging up holes so much, it's so suspenseful and mysterious! Digging through the buried pile, I lowered my canine muzzle into the hole and pulled out some kind of magazine with my mouth. Even through my faded vision, I could make out that the magazine was Time magazine. I quickly figured out it was a reminder, that I shouldn't waste too much time on this part, and get into the really fun stuff. I will myself back into the room, where Ronny was patiently wait. Clad in t-shirt and sweat pants, the man with the mind of a dog was standing on all fours and panting heavily. His tongue was hanging from his mouth and was constantly sniffing the air. Poor guy, he must feel a little blind without his amazing sense of smell.

         The dog quickly notices me and says "Master!", right before lunging towards me at full speed and licking my hairy face. I let out a merry "Bark!" and motioned for him to follow me down the stairs. As I trotted out my door, the former dog began following me. However, in mid-strut, the fleas came back in full force. I scratched to an insane degree, using my hind leg to scratch my hairy torso. After a few minutes, the itch began to fade however, the back of my ears remained itchy. I couldn't reach it with my short hind legs, luckily Ronny saw me in trouble and began scratching the back of my ears. "There you go, master!" Said the dog wearing my skin, who proceeded to give me a pat on the head, much like I would do for him. The disconnect between being master and being pet was much greater now. For the moment, I enjoyed just being my pet's pet and the attention that came with it.

         Trying to get back on track, I started wobbling my short legs down the stairs again. Ronny followed suit, almost tripping and falling on top of me. Luckily, even in a different body, Ronny was still able to maneuver on all fours like a pro. I decided to go to the kitchen to grab some dog food, as Ronny follows me. I had always wondered what dog food tastes like to dogs. Unfortunately, the dish was empty, which forced me to resort to desperate measures. I walked over to the counter as Ronny followed. "What now, Master?" Asked the dog turned man. I decided to will myself to speak English so Ronny could better understand. Concentrating, I began altering the dream's reality so I could speak English again. I let out a few throat-clearing barks, as I once again gained the ability of speech.

         "Ronny *Bark* I would like you to *Woof* grab that bag of dog food from up there! Just stand up on *bark* two legs!" I said with a very canine-like speech impediment. He did as he was told and grabbed the large bag, which at first I thought he would drop. Luckily, dream logic prevailed and he grabbed the bag without incident. Ronny had an excited smile on his face, obviously enjoying the thrill of standing on two legs. Heaving the large bag over to the dog dish, he poured the kibble in there and the smell immediately riled my senses up. Afterwards, he returned to his four legged stance, being more comfortable with it. I stuck my face into the bowl and lapped up the dog food within an instant. "Tastes like *woof* steak." I state proudly with my typical canine flourish. "I know master! Isn't it great?" Asked the dog, however before I could answer him the stability of the dream began to alter. The walls of the kitchen began to waver, glow and break apart as the dream began to come to a close.

         "Quick, Ronny! The dream is *bark* about to end! Do something revolutionary before it does!" I exclaim, which causes Ronny to literally leap into action. He goes to the back of me and... Sniffs my butt. "So that's what it smells like!" Exclaimed Ronny, somewhat proud of the revelation. "Way to keep it classy, Ronny!" I shouted, right at the goofy dog wearing my body. "Thanks, Master!" Said Ronny, with a grin forming across his borrowed face. Before reality returned Ronny said one last thing, "Master, this was the most fun I ever had!" When I woke up, real life Ronny was sleeping right on top of my chest. An unusual place to sleep, yet I did just experience an unusual dream. I gently smacked the little wiener dog on the bottom, which riled him awake. With a yawn, he gently lowered himself off my chest and hopped down from the bed. The goofy dog wandered off to his doggy bed and went back to sleep.

         "Well..." I said to myself, "That dream was certainly a new experience." I pat Ronny on the head, and started strangely wondering if Ronny had the same dream. The impossible has been known to happen, like flea circuses moving in when their certainly not welcome. Looking at my clock, I noticed I still had three hours before I had to wake up. "I wonder if I could pull off that scenario again..." I said to myself as I prepared to go back to sleep. Maybe dream Ronny could explain to me how he got a hold of all of those fleas. I laid my head against the pillow, as I drifted off back into a very familiar world...

Fleas Part 2: Pregnancy

Author's Note: This one is a little more mature then the last one, just a warning.

         I stretched and let out a big yawn, it was time to start another boring Sunday morning. Going though the routine, on a weekly basis is enough to drive any man nuts. Sometimes, I just wish something would happen and that my life would change in some unexpected way. Maybe, I'm just hoping for too much. After getting out of bed and taking a show, I walked down to the kitchen. My Daschund, Ronny was predictably nudging at his dog dish. I decided to feed him first, grabbing an old plastic cup and using it to grab a ton of kibble. I take the little cup, and quickly pour the cup of kibble into his dish.

         Afterwards, I ate my usual morning breakfast and decided to take Ronny for his daily walk. As I took out the leash, the tiny wiener dog dashed quickly towards me. He quickly sat in front of me, his long tongue dangling from his mouth. I connected the leash to his collar, and lead the dog out the door. The sun was bright and vibrant, it's beams beating down up the dew-stained grass. I continued to walk Ronny, until he spotted something that caught his interest. Off in the distance was a very nicely dressed woman, wearing a white sports jacket and bright yellow sunglasses. She was rather skinny, had bleach blonde hair and was walking a very dorky looking dog.

         It was a tiny brown and white Shih Tzu, with a pink bow in it's hair. The tiny dog moved rather slowly, as if something was wrong with it. Ronny began barking, as he desperately tried to pull me in the direction of the other dog. I tried to keep Ronny under control, however the leash gave way and broke. I was extremely taken aback by this, never before have I had a leash cable snap on me. It didn't take Ronny long to break into a mad dash towards the other canine. Before I could react, I found that Ronny had already made his way for to the tiny dog. The poor dog quivered in fear, as the wiener-dog annoyingly barked at her.

         I quickly ran over to the dogs, unfortunately I was too late. Ronny had began humping the little dog, much to the dismay of it's owner. The Shih Tzu barely reacted, as if something was making her more submissive. I pried the nasty canine, off of the poor struggling Shih Tzu. I placed Ronny back on the ground, as her owner began fuming. "Keep your mutt off of my precious puppy, Ginger!" Exclaimed the blonde, who was ready to bust my skull in. "Sorry." I said apologetically, "He gets like that, sometimes! He's been fixed, so there's nothing to worry about!" However, that did little to stem the tide, as she continued to fume angrily. "You're lucky! My dog is already pregnant, I wouldn't want your dog's vile seed contaminating her!" She exclaimed, as she snootily turned her back from me.

         "I didn't know, and I already apologized." I said, feeling extremely awful for the turn of events, "Please, this kind of thing happens!" The woman continued to huff angrily, "You're acting nonchalant about this! I'm not mad for myself, you know! How would you feel if some big dumb guy did that to you?! It's no different for dogs, they feel put on the spot when some dumb dog violates them as well! If you were a pregnant dog, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about!" After her long spiel, the woman angrily walked off with her dog in tow.

         For some reason, what she said got to me. I felt less like it was Ronny's fault and more like it was mine. The leash was pretty raggedy, I honestly should've bought a new one years ago, but now it's really come back to bite me. I still couldn't believe that she was so mad about something so minor, they were just dogs after all. Those words she said to me really kicked me in the stomach though, what did she mean by what she said? If I were a dog, I wouldn't have any real understanding on what was going on, or how to deal with Ronny's advances. That's when I realized something, there was a way I could better understand! I used to be a master of going into hypnotic trances, what if I used the trance to see from a pregnant female dog's perspective?

         Sure, it was a very strange thing to do, but I wanted to see from a canine's perspective. Sure, I had swapped bodies with Ronny during lucid dreaming, but I had never become a female dog before. I decided to download an MP3, courtesy of a friend who is a hypnotist. We'd been close friends a long time and because of this, she gave me the free range of her entire track listing sight. Coincidentally, she had a hypnosis track just for such an occasion. It was couple of years old, but most of her stuff has been near-perfection for years now. After downloading the track, I plugged in a set of earphones for the whole effect. I was greeted by the soft voice of my hypnotist friend, guiding me through an induction.

         I was asked to relax, and calm my nerves to the point of pure relaxation. After a fairly long induction, I got into the meat of the trance. The voice in the MP3 asked me to visualize the dog I'd like to become, for some reason my mind kept coming back to that Shih Tzu from earlier. So I decided to choose the form of that, Ginger when I went into trance. The MP3 asked me to visualize what the form would be like, to guess how the sensations would feel. After a few moments of visualization, the fun began. The MP3 said that I would experience a hypnotic dream, that would begin after a countdown from 10 to 1.

         The numbers counted down slowly, my mind and body being completely immobile. Finally, the voice said 1 and I found myself lost in trance. When I became aware of myself, I found my body was covered with shaggy long fur. The fur reached down past my stubby legs, it was brushing against the floor. I could feel the absence of my manhood, along with the absence of my humanity. My large human nose, was a now black and button-shaped. My ears were now long and covered with a coat of fur, and my ears were covered in thick fur and flopped around as I shook my head. I felt a bow that was uncomfortably attached to the fur on my head, I tried to shake it off. It didn't come off, no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't reach it with my stubby legs, so I was stuck with it until the end of the scenario.

         Even though it was a hypnotic scenario, the sensations felt extremely real. All of those lucid dreaming sessions, and visualization scenarios from my yoga instructor helped enrich the experience. The oddest of the new sensations my body was experience, was the feeling of canine pregnancy. I now had six nipples, they all ached and felt swollen. My stomach hung extremely low, filled with soon-to-be living beings. I felt so much discomfort, that it was hard to move around normally at first. The pains of pregnancy made me amble around on four legs, making me feel extremely vulnerable.

         I could still hear the MP3 going, it reverberated through the back of my mind. It was like background music, I acknowledged it and didn't pay much attention to it. It was still there, giving my mind a full run-through of the scenario I was about to participate in. As I stumbled around, I took notice of the room I was in. Unfortunately for me, I could only see in black and white and in very low quality. The room looked like a terribly awful picture of Bigfoot, yet my vision was only half of my problem. I could smell numerous things, it was driving me to look for an discover them, but I couldn't with my terribly weak feeling canine body. Suddenly, I heard the door open swiftly, and out walked the blonde. At least I assumed it was her, as I couldn't make heads or tails with this terrible vision of mine.

         The woman smiled and said, "Ginger, time for your walk! Don't worry, that filthy mutt won't bother you!" She smiled, as she snapped a leash on me and urged me to follow her. I walked slowly out of the room, it took me a while with my heavily pregnant body. As I walked, I noticed how small I truly was. Everything towered above me, even more so then when I swapped with Ronny. The woman walked me out of the door, and then suddenly dissipated. That's when I took notice of the MP3 having stopped, the trance from here on out was to be conjured with my mind. I took off on my own, slowly trudging on all four legs. I could feel my paws rub slowly across the ground. I yipped in surprise when I found nearby mailbox. It was massive, almost looking like the size of a building from my vantage point.

         I trudged along, until I felt someone grip me around my midsection. "Hello there!" Said a voice, that was undeniably my own, "Looks like you now understand what it feels like to be pregnant! I'll be living your life from now on!" The person held me to face level, and I found myself staring straight into my own visage. I quickly realized the duplicate of me was Ginger in my own body. The former dog carried me a while, until we reached my backyard. "Oh, Ronny!" Exclaimed Ginger, to which Ronny responded by running towards us, "Ginger's here for some playtime!"

         Even though this was a hypnotic trance, I didn't like where it was going at all! I was placed on the ground, and began shivering at the thought of what was about to unfold. "Ronny, dominate her!" Exclaimed Ginger, as the dog ran towards me. I couldn't stumble away in time, the dog ran towards with it's tongue hanging from it's mouth. I couldn't believe the bizarreness of this scenario, my dog was about to do to me what he did to Ginger earlier!

         I decided to force myself to wake up, but it was too late Ronny had reached me. Before I had time to react I felt something wet on my... Face? I woke up, I was no longer in trance or in that bizarre scenario. I turned to see Ronny, who was happily licking y face It definitely was a strange trance, certainly more odd and realistic then trance I had ever engaged in. I was once again human, and proud to no longer be pregnant. I took one thing away from the whole endeavor, Ginger's owner was certainly correct about how hard pregnant dog's have it. I truly felt bad, and could fully understand what Ginger must've felt in that scenario. I felt as though I had bridged a gap between human and dog, something men have only dreamed of.

Possessive Ape

Author's Note: This story is very special, as it features the main character becoming my favorite animal: Orangutans. Enjoy!

         Sometimes, there are decisions that you will regret until the end of time. Some of those decisions will make zero sense, no matter how old you get. One such decision will always confuse me until the end of my shortened days. That fatal decision was... Going to the zoo on that one fateful day. I went alone to the zoo, the first time and last time I had ever done so. Walking through the bird enclosure and the zebra exhibit, I happened across a cage holding orangutans, fresh from Africa. I had never seen these kind of apes close up before, so naturally my curiosity got the better of me. I found one orangutan who was nonchalantly picking his nose. The ape had ragged and thick fur, was extremely fat and had strange pads on his face. This was my first time seeing such a creature, little did I know I'd be seeing it everyday for the rest of my life.

         The ape was a very simple creature, and I found myself envying it to an insane degree. After all, the beast didn't have to anything all day, but sit on the ground and scratch his butt. I was jealous of the creature, it living a carefree lifestyle and me being forced to work all the time and try to fit into a crowd. I quietly wished to myself that the roles would be reversed, that we'd switch bodies and I could live the ape's life of luxury. Sure, it was just daydream, but part of me wished it were possible. I'd love for that ape to be in my body, and no how hard my life truly is. As, I stood daydreaming about becoming the beast, I suddenly felt extremely light. I heard a voice scream from behind me, and turned to see my own lying motionless on the ground.

         I looked down at my body, to find that I was completely see-through! I was in spirit form, I had somehow astral-projected myself! At first, I was totally nervous, I wanted to leap back into my body, but... I was tempted by the form of the ape, that was picking his nose. I envied his simplistic life, and I strangely wanted it for myself. I began floating towards the ape, willing myself in his direction. I couldn't believe what I was about to do, but I assured myself I'd float back into my body after this. Even though I was nervous, I couldn't exactly just go back to normal right away. I had a huge opportunity to try something that most of the world found impossible!

         I reached the ape, and began forcing my soul into it's form. It was like entering a cave, my body felt warm and I felt like I was moving through something soft. My soul entered the ape's body, and I could feel my spiritual form change shape in an instant. My spirit form grew larger and larger, I was becoming aware of the fur on my body as this happened. My soul became much larger, as it encompassed the ape. My soul took on a form similar to the ape I was possessing, my astral form becoming fatter and more bestial. Finally, my soul took full control over the fat's ape body. I became aware of my new body, aware of the finger jammed into my left nostril, aware of my mangy fur and especially aware of the massive amount of fat on my body.

         I pulled my finger from nose, and stood up on all four legs. I looked down at my arms (Or should I say, legs) and noticed that were covered in thick red fur. I took my monkey paw, and ran it across the fur on my other front leg. It was so thick and unkempt, not to mention crawling with bugs! Speaking of which, my entire body was covered in filth and I could even smell my foul odor to an insane degree. "It must suck for these animals." I thought to myself, "They have to deal with their own stench on a daily basis." Suddenly, my back began to itch to an insane degree and I knew I had to do something. I sat my hairy butt down on the ground, and reached my much longer arm around to my back.

         Like some kind of backscratcher brush, I ran my monkey paw across my itchy back and ran my fingers deep into the fur of my backside. I scratched my itchy rear, with all the tact of a big fat ape. Speaking of my fat, my body felt insanely hefty, I must've been 300-400 pounds heavy. I looked down at my body, and ran my hands along my hefty male chest. At first I thought they were the ape equivalent of man-boobs, until I realized that they were a special throat-sack used for making loud animal noises. I decided to test this, and I let out an ear-piercing ape screech. No one really seemed to mind though, to them I was just a dumb animal.

         I then looked back to my body, to see that someone had called the ambulance. I didn't have much time, I had to find a way to get back into my body now! Why did I decide to goof around like this? As if lady luck herself had come to aid, I felt the orangutan's soul begin pushing my spirit out of his body. I was saved, I wouldn't have to eat bugs and scratch myself for the rest of my life! That's what I thought, at first... Until, my spirit form uncontrollably pushed back. Like some kind of spiritual reflex, my astral form began pushing the orangutan's soul out of it's body. I couldn't control my spiritual form, my bestial essence was now out of control! I tried to regain control, but it was too late... The orangutan's soul had been pushed out of it's body and wandered it's way over to my unconscious human form.

         In front of my eyes, I could see the ape's soul reforming into a new shape. It was somewhat comical to see the large and fat spectral form of an ape, contort into something entirely new. It became skinnier, it's fur dissipated and became much more human like in shape and design. That's when I began to panic, I knew what was happening... The orangutan was about to possess my body in return! I struggled, trying to force my soul of this wretched form. However, no matter how hard I concentrated my astral form wouldn't project out. I watched in horror, as the orangutan's soul possessed my body and stood up! "Are you alright?" Asked a passerby, to which the ape responded by hopping onto all fours and growling loudly. The ape snorted, as it crawled around on my body.

         I was in complete shock, when I saw it attack a nearby civilian. I grabbed the cage bars with my monkey paws, trying in desperation to get out. I pressed my fat body against the bars, hoping in vain that my fat would cause them to give out. I tried once again to astral project, but my mind was being clouded with memories and instincts belonging to it's former inhabit. Being tranquilized, being taken away from a mate in Africa, and laughed at by kids everyday now constituted my past. My intelligence decreased, to the point where I couldn't even count to 5.

         I was hoping in vain that my humanity would fade entirely, however after the decrease in intelligence, my mind halted in it's regression. I was now half as intelligent as I used to be, and I watched in horror as security guards approached my form human vessel. The ape instinctively attacked them, I watched in absolute fear at the event playing out before me. A zookeeper tranquilized the body-thief, and he was wheeled away in a stretcher. I gave up, after all what could I do? My body had been stolen and I now was permanently trapped in this foreign body. I wanted to cry, but I had no idea if apes could even do that. As I was wallowing in sadness, children watched me from a far and laughed at my stupid appearance.

         That's when my sadness turned into complete anger, not helped by the fact that I hate children. Lifting my monkey paw from the ground, I raised my middle finger at the child out of complete rage. The mother of the kids spotted me flipping off her kids, and immediately pulled her children away. I went back into complete depression, and I wandered on all fours to the corner of the cage. I saw other apes as I marched through the cage, unlike me they were complete Neanderthals. My humanity was taken, half of my intelligence and all of my pride was taken as well. I had lost everything that was important to me, I was now just a naked and fat ape.

         However, as soon I had given up hope, I smelt something familiar. A female ape approached me, my new memories identified her as my mate. I had never had a girlfriend, let alone a mate. I was afraid at first, being forced to be a love interest for an ape was creepy enough. However, reality had just caved in on me, and I had no other options. The ape turned it's back to me, at first I thought it was presenting. Nope, it wanted me to groom it, by devouring insects off it's back. There was no way out of this now, so I may as well roll with the punches. I quickly realized much to my dismay that I had gotten my wish, now I was forced to live out a simpler life for all eternity.
© Copyright 2013 SharknifeXL (segatasaturn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952213-Wild-Life-The-Man-Turned-Animal-Vol-3