*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952465-A-Day-Of-Remembrance
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1952465
My respects to those who have fallen on this day many years of ago.
Who could really explain why they did what they did. Those who were unknowingly singled out had done nothing wrong to these men. Sadly in truth, it was their intention to harm the innocent. To not know their names or faces meant all the better I suppose to those men. It makes me wonder what kind of blind hatred must have coursed through their veins when they formed their plans. Even more about how unlucky were those that happened to be there. The entire nation had felt the blow, to think we could be harmed not just on the battlefield but at our very own home. How many times we've all watched the falling of the towers I can't say. But it was an end to an era of being untouchable. We weren't before, but never before so harshly had that truth struck us. And look where we are now. If one is unhappy about our current predicament, I suppose we could either blame ourselves for letting it get this far. Or we could blame the men that were willing to die to bring turmoil to our country. I would say neither. To blame them would only bring them satisfaction. To blame ourselves would be wiser, but we all have acted in whatever way we felt best fit the situation. Who could be blamed for wanting to survive? For today, I ask for one thing from anyone who is part of this country. Do not feel hate, but feel sorrow for those whose lives have been cut short all too soon.
© Copyright 2013 Crimson White (crimsonwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952465-A-Day-Of-Remembrance