*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952655-Lesson-2---Novelling-exercise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Article · Educational · #1952655
Description of the resources I have for my writing
This is an interesting exercise because I have never tried to take stock of what resources I have that I can use for my writing. I suppose I am a little like a hoarder in that respect, but I have noticed one thing. The books that I have that sit on the bookshelf tend to gather more dust from inactivity than they might have dog-eared pages from continual use. I think that the biggest culprit for me with regard to this is because of the information that is available online. Invariably, that is the first place that I go to when I have a question or I am searching for an answer.

But for me the best tool in my toolbox, I think, is my Ipad and the books and resources I have on there when it comes to my writing. I have downloaded a large number of books from Amazon and my Kindle account is filled to overflowing with a number of books I can use. There are books about story setting, books on character development, writing different types of genres. In fact, I am now plagued by Amazon emails telling me about the newest reference resource available for my writing and it takes a feat of willpower to keep my finger off the mousebutton when the arrow hovers over the "BUY" icon.

I suppose, the one thing I would like would be if the Writer's Digest books were available in e-reader format. Then I suppose my electronic library would be significantly larger given the number of resources available from there.

I am a member of the library and have, on occasion, had a look at what they have available. But the library is a medium sized library for a city that barely makes classification as a city, so the choices there are not as large as one would hope. But every now and again, I find something there that I can peruse and glean some information from.

But, at the end of the day, I think I am reasonably satisfied with being able to have what reference material I need available in electronic format.
© Copyright 2013 abcoachnz-Sometimes around (abcoach21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952655-Lesson-2---Novelling-exercise