*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952694-The-Reason
by crozo
Rated: E · Draft · Sci-fi · #1952694
The Reason .A thrilling 7 part sci-fi novel to leave you wanting for more.


The Reason

Part 1


By CHRISTIAN HOWARTH







THE REASON
RHYAN’S STORY
Time, we live our lives around it, we depend on it. Always moving and never stopping for no one, but what if time did not exist .what if I told you time could be changed?
I am Ryan Green a young and wiling scientist interested in the field of physics trying to make our world a better place, a place where dreams are reality and where science can defy explanation. Or at least that’s what I thought I would be signing up for, but it went beyond comprehension and instead exploited to the realms of the unthinkable, and the imaginable. Putting our world in danger! .We came up with the idea of Sending atomic particles so fast they travel through time only a few milliseconds ,but it was still a result unthinkable of the consequences that could happen.
We did tests for months until the summer of 2017 there struck disaster when an freak earthquake had ripped apart the particle collider causing an intense radiation to leak the area .We fought our years of research and tests was destroyed ,but we were wrong. When it was finally safe to enter back into the area full of rubble and shattered lab equipment we spotted what remained of our particles only for them to fuse with the air creating a new unique element a substance that can change time.
It was not until the year 2021 before we announced to the press .It spread across the world like wildfire, It was as if people were going to see a space shuttle launch for the first time or a new discovery that would change mankind forever.
In 2022 is where we officially built our new laboratory tested on the element trying to make it bigger, more durable and faster than anything before. What did they want to achieve? Time travel, yes the words seem so farfetched, but it was possible .The only problem was the fact we were only able to send the particle a few seconds into the past and to the future, but it was enough to get the government interested.
In 2023 we finally was able to travel a few minutes into the future we were going to test on rats, but before we could improve or test the government too k hold of all traces of the element and destroyed it., but they didn’t want to know, they weren’t ready for the future .We created something that shouldn’t have been. We didn’t create a solution. Instead we created a weapon, and therefore on November 11th all traces of the particle including the official documents were to be destroyed.
Or so we thought until the year after in 2024 which we found the same element inside the core of one of Saturn’s moons during a Rover mission. We were wrong the earthquake must of revealed a meteorite from Saturn’s rings .This time it was going to be kept under lock and key and secret from the government carried in the fastest plane possible to the American air force , but on its way there the plane that contained the element and had vanished into thin air .We told people it was a catastrophic event from the engine failing ,but we knew our fears were real
The plane was gone. Only for a few quick minutes then it appeared on the radar, however 4 days later the plane appered only to crash in the Nevada dessert . The wreckage was soon swarmed on by the military and kept secret .We discovered that the plane wreckage had large traces of this new element all over it, and inside of the plane there was a small round metallic object that had the date 2123 and on the front in big and bold it read G.O.D. from that moment on, I knew that we had made history and a horrible mistake, where did that plane go for those 4 days?. From then on I couldn’t handle working on the idea and I left to enjoy the time I had left with my family before we end up destroying ourselves.
However there was worse to come as the one object I would do anything to stay away from returned, but this time with a vengeance.
On September 5th 2022 where I and my family were on vacation in Canada we switched on the news, and there it was. A group of Terrorists, well scientists who’s mind probally went insane from the things that could done with the new element had broken in to the top secret base where the element was kept and took it to use as a weapon. Or a bargaining chip, from then on I knew time was running out! Days went past. Police and military kept looking for the so called terrorists, and fighting wars over finding it pretending it was a war over resources ,but it was just a cover-up , but they found nothing, not a single trace, so we all stopped looking, and finally started living.
Three years have passed and the date is August 18th 2025, and starting as a top scientist and went down as an plain old office worker in a bank and bored out of my mind sitting on a chair, wishing something exciting would happen, trying to forget the things I had seen , such incredible things ,but little did I realise I spoke to soon. On that day we had lots of customers coming in, so we were incredible busy. I knew it was going to be another long and tiring day, but before I could attend I remember the bank doors swung open to reveal a man covered in bright red paint and symbolic symbols on his head .He was holding a hand gun and one hand underneath his shirt.
Immediately I thought it was a bomb, everyone was screaming which of course in turn triggered the automatic security doors to lock, and we were trapped inside, I could never forget the moment where he let off a couple of rounds in the air to show he was serious and came over to my desk counter. Shouting and Demanding that this is was all for a good reason, a chance for the truth to be told, he said that to every one of us face to face. . A sweat broke upon my face I never paid attention in these situations, luckily I remembered the alarm. I secretly reached under the desk to press the secret alarm to contact the police.
At this point the man looked really annoyed and even more dangerous as I told him you will kill us all . We could finally hear the surrounding of police sirens outside .He knew there was no way out. From which he slowly pointed his hand gun at us and then at his face, and smirked at me and told the others not to fear ,repeating the phrase over and over letting go of his other hand under his shirt to show the same small round metallic device with the symbols G.O.D that I remember I found at the wreckage of the plane crash four years ago. Then he pulled the trigger.
There was a sigh of relief for everyone, but the device was activated, everyone was panicked and were rushing to the doors trying to get them open but they were on a timer, while the police were trying to shoot the doors open .The shutters of the doors were tight shut, we all had to except what was going to happen next.
The device suddenly shone a bright purple and the light engulfed the building .The police now had stopped firing with amazement. The light shone brighter than before, and the automatic timer doors had shut and we were all enclosed in a bright purple light. I remember glancing on at the terror and the fear of the people especially this one woman who was wheelchair bound. Knowing where we were going was not the place for someone in a wheelchair.

LAURA’S STORY

Why me? , I had enough pain already. You think it’s fine not being able to use your legs . Destiny doesn’t’ exist anymore .It only gives you something to look upon, and to observe. Something you can look forward too. Something I used to believe in, until that day, that unforeseen day that changed my life forever.
It was August 18th 2025, and it was my birthday, a birthday that time forgot. That day I woke up had one slice of toast a bowl of cereal, a glass of juice, and then all served with a dozen painkillers.
For three years I’ve been doing the same thing over and over again like clockwork never getting helped, and always wishing for some miracle to happen, that’s how I became hooked up in this destiny. Always trying to look for an answer, a bit of good fortune and most of all a reason!
Stay tuned for part 2…..






© Copyright 2013 crozo (crozo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952694-The-Reason