*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953468-Caveman-Pt-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1953468
Flash fiction, continuation of Caveman. 9/17/13
I continued down the dark passage, still listening to the screams of the guard who had left me alone in that strange room moments before. The floor was cold and smooth against my feet and I cautiously made my way forward.

I took a deep breath, attempting to recognize my surroundings with little success. The air was stale and musty, like the caves back home; but this was not home. This place was foreign. Never had I seen such decorative rooms. I wondered where in the world I could possibly be.

Further along, I turned toward an entryway of some sort. Loud screeches were coming from somewhere nearby; the sort of wailing inside your head when a bad ache sets in - relentless and deafening. The hallway flashed of bright blues and reds. I clutched the spear to my chest as I hunkered down against a nearby wall, attempting desperately to conceal myself in the darkness.

What was coming now?

"Come on, let's go!" I heard a voice yell as several figures bolted through the entry. The door was flat as a sheet of ice and crystal clear - something I had never seen before. As I hunched further backward, I felt my back bump into something cold and hard, knocking an object loudly to the ground. It shattered at my feet as the voices quickly surrounded me.

I was trapped.

One of them was holding the same tube-light the security guard had, shone brightly into my eyes. I clutched my spear and grunted, prepared to attack.

The light lowered and the men stared at me in horror, appearing to be just as confused by my presence as I was by theirs.

"Jesus," I heard one of them say, unable to understand. "What planet are you from?"

-------------------------

Flash fiction 9/17 - 297 words
Content is a continuation of my original Caveman story (below)
 Caveman  (E)
A flash fiction using the words spear, table and rock.
#1903062 by graecyn
© Copyright 2013 graecyn (graecyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953468-Caveman-Pt-2