*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953930-A-Dragon-and-His-Flame
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1953930
A short piece about a love between a Dragon and a Phoenix.
The sun was warm on my skin, bright and high in the vivid blue sky. I kept my eyes closed as strong, gentle arms held me. His arms were so warm and comforting and I could feel his heart beat softly in his chest as I laid my head against him.

He played with my fire-red hair. Under the sun it glowed. He smelled like sun and earth and boy. He kissed my head, pausing and smelling my hair.

"You're so beautiful." he whispered to me. I turned up and licked his jaw softly.

"As are you, my dear." I murmured into his neck. His soft hands brushed against my neck and he cupped my chin. His thumb caressed my cheek and he turned my face up to meet my lips with his.

He tasted like summer and rain, his lips full and soft, moving expertly against mine. After what seemed like a second, too short, he pulled away.

I smiled and opened my eyes to see him. He smiled back, his dark eyes glistening as he radiated his love for me.

"I love you're eyes." he said.... I knew how my bright hazel eyes flared green in the sun, shining with fire and love.

"I love you." I said and hugged him. He laughed softly and held me, his voice deep, and I could feel his chest vibrate as he laughed.

"I love you more, babe." he replied. I stuck my tongue out and laughed also, saying:

"Oh, psh, I love you far more, my dragon." I licked his neck softly.

He then sighed and laid back, bringing me down with him from our sitting position onto the grass. The grass smelled sweet and was the color of fall. I laid on him, the grass casting some shadow on us.

"Whatever you say." he replied as he wrapped his arms around me and we buried our faces into each others' necks.

"I wish this could be forever." I said and and brushed my lips against his neck, licking again, thinking of what his blood would taste like.

"I do, too" he turned over then over me. His lips met mine and his kiss burned with fire and filled me with heat. I knew my own kiss would be hot with the phoenix flame. "My fire...." he breathed against my lips.

"My dragon...." I replied, feeling the energy wanting to shift in me, to become the fire that he so loved. I felt his own skin prickle, knowing the change wanted him as well. His shoulder blades moved uneasily beneath his skin, his wings aching to release.
I moved, pushing myself up and he let me. I felt the sun call to me and my skin glowed with its light....

In some cultures I would have been considered a Goddess. My love still gasps as my skin starts to to burn. It did not hurt as my whole self transformed into a creature of fire and feathers.

My eyes, a fiery green-amber, looked into his own. His eyes betrayed his awe, and the edges of my beak turned up into a grin. I ruffled my golden plumage, my tail long with feathers resembling those of a peacock. My laugh also resembled the call of a peacock.

As I pulled some feathers into place, he started to change. His skin, dark as night, started to take on a shining texture as it formed into scales. He stripped from his clothing and his wings unfolded slightly. I could hear his sigh of release as his body changed to his true form. He laid a clawed hand down and his eyes were a blaze of gold. A puff of smoke blew out from his nostrils.

I stretched my wings and flew up around his long neck, caressing him with flames that were only a soft touch against his scales. I flew into the sky, circling over the dragon.

He unfolded his own wings, which rose straight above him. In one powerful stroke he rose into the air. He was leveled out and rode the currents with ease.

My form was only slightly smaller than his, and he was not a large dragon. I flew in the air playfully around him, diving and catching drafts. He smiled at my joyful behavior.

His form was that of a rougher kind of creature. His limbs were thick and his wings wide. He had thick, gently curving horns that came to a sharp point. His scales were the color of his warm dark skin, and glowed with the same sun kissed brown. He had large claws and a long tail with sharp scalene spikes that ran the length of his spine.

I was a girl of a elegance and grace. A fiery temper and a powerful passion and devotion. I was quite different than my love, but the same. I was an introvert, confident in myself, and comfortable in my skin. I preferred the silence of being alone as compared to a large crowd.

My beloved: a strong, determined boy. A powerful leader who intimidates. He gave off a feeling of dominance, could put people in place with just a sharp glare, and could hold his own in a fight. He was a very sociable creature, longing for the company of others.

In public, he would be open and talkative while I would simply sit back and listen silently, content in his presence. I had never been much of a fighter, but he had been able to bring out the fighting spirit in me. Though I was normally timid, I was an alpha. A compassionate leader who could get fiercely protective of those I love.

Some miles later, I could smell ocean. There was a place there, down a cliff and tucked against the rocks in which we settled down. The sun was setting on the horizon with brilliant orange-red colors against a navy blue and purple sky. The flame of my feathers was dimming with the sun.

We both landed gently on the surface of the stone, moist with salty ocean dew. I ruffled my feathers and smoothly morphed back into a human form, the breeze sighing against my pale, naked skin and raising gooseflesh.

The dragon had become my dark boy, his powerful muscles rippling beneath his skin and he rolled his shoulders back.
© Copyright 2013 Carisia (zannawolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953930-A-Dragon-and-His-Flame