*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954094-Becoming-Mrs-Seguin
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sports · #1954094
Christine Miller vowed to never fall in love again...until she met Tyler Seguin.
Chapter 1- The Boys and I





I was strolling through the aisles of Target with my mother when my phone started ringing. I reached into my back pocket to pull it out and looked at the screen. What could my brother possibly want?



"Aaron? I thought you were at practice", I said to him.



"I am. We're just about done too. Listen, are you and mom still at Target?," he asked.



"Yeah, why?"



"The boys and I are starving. Could you bring some food up to the stadium for us? We'd greatly appreciate it," he said.



"Sure, whatever," I replied.



He hung up afterwards and I went to grab a bunch of snacks for my brother's football team. We were currently on summer break, but the boys liked to have pre-season practice in the mornings. I would be entering my junior year this fall and Aaron would be a senior. His dream was to be drafted into the NFL. Our family has high hopes for him. Just the other day, his coach told him that he was the greatest captain he's seen in a long time.



I, on the other hand, want to major in the business field. I've dreamt of going to Harvard my whole life. My parents totally support me. They're constantly rambling about how my grades are always perfect and that I'll have no worries about getting accepted because I will. I still have two years of high school left, so they can't be so sure yet.



After my mother paid for the groceries, I insisted on bringing the snacks up to the stadium myself, since it was right down the street from Target. Besides, she and my dad had a party to go to. At first, she refused because she didn't want me walking in the heat, but I told her I'd be fine. It would be a nice way to soak up some sun, too.



Once she drove off, I picked up the heavy bags of snacks and began walking down the road. By the time I reached the bottom of the hill where the stadium was located, my face was drowning in sweat. Aaron had better thank me for doing this.



I trudged up the hill and headed over to the bleachers, setting the bags down. My brother turned around when he saw me and ran over. The rest of the team followed behind.



"Thanks sis. Whoa, what happened to your face?", Aaron remarked. I probably looked like a ripe tomato after getting sunburnt.



"I decided to walk up here instead of having mom drive me," I replied.



My brother shook his head in disapproval then handed me a bottle of water. I gulped the whole thing down in a matter of seconds. I sat back and watched as the boys devoured the food. They were all like brothers to me. In fact, I had a huge crush on one of them. He was a quarterback my age. His name was Karl. He had short dirty-blonde hair with blue eyes and the cutest smile. We had one or two classes together last year, but never really talked. I get really nervous around the guys I like and besides, he's probably not even interested in me. He's always with Lizzy, a popular girl at my school.



Once the team finished eating, we all decided to drive to Main Street. Every year, during the second week of July, our city would host something called Maple Grove Days. It was basically a week full of food, music, games, and fireworks. My friends were there and I planned on meeting up with them.



When we got there, I texted my friend, Hayley, to ask where she was. Once I found her and my other friend, Sierra, we walked around the lake and talked. I brought up the Chicago Blackhawks and how I thought they did great in the Stanley Cup. I normally never watched hockey, but the Cup was just so good this year. Although I kept rooting for the Blackhawks, I really liked Tyler Seguin on the Bruins' team. He was pretty cute.



We met up with the guys afterwards and went to eat at Chipotle's. I sat next to Karl and we actually talked for the first time.



"I never knew Aaron was your brother," he said before taking a bite out of his burrito.



"Really? That's probably cause we don't look alike," I told him.



Aaron has short, blonde hair and hazel eyes. He's quite muscular, too. Unlike my brother, I have dark brown hair. It was almost black, but not quite. My eyes are brown and I'm the slimmest one in the family. I eat the most in my family, after my brother of course, but I still manage to stay skinny. I guess I just have good metabolism. I also run a lot too since I do track.



"Hey, do you think your mom would let us have a bonfire tonight?," Karl asked. I looked over at my brother, who was busy talking to his friends, Jake and Grant.



"Oh, I think she'll let us. You guys can crash at our place after if you want, too," Aaron said.



Of course my brother would get the final say. He always did at everything. My eyes widened at the thought of having twenty football players over at our house. How on earth was I supposed to sleep? But then I remembered that Karl would be there too. I guess a bonfire wasn't that bad of an idea.



That night, we all watched the fireworks on top of the hill. The moonlight reflected off of the lake and the air was calm and quiet. I nearly fell asleep when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Karl looking down at me.



"We're leaving now. The fireworks just ended," he said.



I sat up and glanced around. Sierra and Hayley had already gone home. Jake, Aaron's best friend, offered to give me a piggy-back ride back to his car. I accepted his offer, knowing that I was way too tired to walk the long way back.



When we got home, I changed into a pair of shorts and a tshirt then went to bed. The guys hung out in the backyard and swam. I had no idea what was in store for tomorrow, but I could wait. For now, all I wanted to do was sleep.







A/N- For those of you who don't know, Tyler Seguin no longer plays for the Boston Bruins. He got traded to the Dallas Stars back in July, and let me tell you, I was devasted. But in this story, he will still play as a Bruin. Anyways, Christine will develop her relationship with Karl first before Tyler comes in. Please comment!
© Copyright 2013 Christine Seguin (hockeylover19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954094-Becoming-Mrs-Seguin