*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954369-The-Note-On-The-Cruise
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1954369
A normal guy gets a mysterious note on a cruise
“Don’t you dare back out on me.” The tattered old note read. It was the third note I had found on this pleasure cruise.

“What happened to good old SMSes?” I was getting really annoyed. Plus my cabins air condition broke down and the only window I had was a small, round ship window looking out to sea. But I couldn't see the sea cause it was so damn foggy.

First note under my cabin door was “piter pypur puked a pek of pikeld peepers.” So I was sure it was some illiterate kids playing a joke on me. But then the second was “Get the code?” After that I was only half sure. If this was some secret agent code then why would they write a note saying so. This was too sophisticated for kids. And how the hell did they expect me to answer anyway? The third note completely threw me off. Back out? Was this some shady deal going on, on this innocent pleasure cruise.

I decided to do a steak-out like in that movie... “Steak Out.” I went down to the kitchens and got a waiters suite, dressed in the toilet and walked up and down the hallway next to my door. At first sign of movement I hid in one of the doorways. This bald, purple scarred face individual steps out of the elevator. He walks with a heavy limp, almost dragging his left leg, straight to my door and slips an envelope under it, then drags himself back to the elevator. I ran to my room, unlocked the door with shaking hands, grabbed the envelope ripping it open.

“Wrong room. CIA.”

I looked at the elevator and saw it had stopped on the fifth floor. should I follow it? Hell yeah!

Word count 298
© Copyright 2013 RockeyHarley (dangalg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954369-The-Note-On-The-Cruise