*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954522-The-Man-Woman-and-Friend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1954522
A story of humanities lows, and of honor amongst men.
There was once a Man, a Woman, and the Mans Friend. The Man was married to the Woman once, but they broke up on good terms after some time. A year latter, the Man was trying to get her back discreetly. His Friend was leaving soon, and when he did, he asked the Woman to go out with him. She didn't want to hurt him, since he was leaving she didn't see much harm in letting him leave happy, so she agreed. However, he returned shortly after and frequent visits back meant he could keep his new found girlfriend.

The Womans life was very stressful, so the Man visited her for a coffee and to talk. The Man learned the Friend added to her stresses greatly with her cornered position. Her heart was too big to crush the Friend, she confided to the man. The Man felt sad for her plight so he decided to take matters into his own hands. He felt bad for the Woman who was stuck, and for his Friend who was being led on. The man, while talking to the Friend, told him the truth, but didn't incriminate the Woman as the one who told him this.

The Friend freaked out. He couldn't handle what he was told and went into a fit, yelling at the man, which the man took. He expected such considering what he had said. However, the Friend ran off, rather than facing the Man directly. The Friend ran and gave all his stress and worry to the Woman. He refused to solve the problem with the Man as an equal, so he had the Woman take everything on for him. It crushed her. She attacked the Man, having been misled by the Friend and had her friends attack the Man aswell, and the Friend resumed attacking the Man.

The Man took the abuse, however, the Friend wasn't done. He entered the Mans house, screamed at his family, awoke the Mans children and drove them to tears, and then, he threatened to kill the Man, and ran off before the man could retort. The Man was beyond angry for not only himself, not only his family, but for the Woman. He stayed his hand however, at the Womans pleading for him to. He was promised an apology, if he himself gave one. The Man apologised, but the Friend refused to admit he had done anything wrong.

The Man had it. He gave a challenge to the Friend. Fight him, to end the conflict for everyone. The Friend refused. He ran from the Man, any time conflict would arise he'd hide behind the Woman for protection. The Man waits for the Friend to become a man, and face him as he feels he deserves.
© Copyright 2013 The Christian (vorak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954522-The-Man-Woman-and-Friend