*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954611-Port-Mortuary-by-Patricia-Cornwell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Review · Other · #1954611
Mystery Story
Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell



This story is a mystery from start to finish.



The story stars Dr. Kay Scarpetta a medical examiner.  A fictional character biography of Kay Scarpetta can be found on Wikipedia.  Kay Scarpetta is the star of approximately 20 different mystery books.



If you like specifics about mortuary's, dead bodies, autopsy, forensics, and the thought lives of the characters you read about, you will like this book.



The story starts at the mortuary at Dover Air Force Base.  Where forensic work is completed on bodies of soldiers killed in action in the Middle East.



Inside  the story Dr. Scarpetta acquires a new pet, which prompts her husband to say, "The reason you can't have a dog is the same reason it's always been a bad idea."



Another quote attributed to a character in the story called General Briggs," She's likely the one developing these little nanobots that found their way to Jack Fielding and turned him into a Mr. Hyde to put it mildly."



An interesting twist takes us to tools and warfare of the future making the book a very good read.
© Copyright 2013 Apondia (judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954611-Port-Mortuary-by-Patricia-Cornwell