*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955006-The-Gift
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1955006
philosophical
In hindsight, I’d have to say that rejection is the purest form of honesty. It implies that you are irrelevant and of no value. It doesn’t pretend to be anything else but what it is…rejection. If perceived correctly, it offers the highest level of freedom. Freedom from dishonesty. Freedom from wasting invaluable time trying to build or feel worthy in a relationship. Relationships that may include family, friends, work etc. It’s a gift in disguise that few, if any perceive. We spend our time trying to find value through personal relationships and feel demoralized when we don’t receive love, recognition, or acceptance from the very people we deem important to our existence. Nowhere is it written that someone has to ‘love or accept us’ even family and we perceive this as a failure. But is it? If we can lift ourselves up and see that we are worthy of great things and great love, we see the world in a different light and our worth is what me make of it. We don’t need to prove anything. If anything, the freedom to be ourselves enriches us and draws people to us. People, perhaps, like-minded, and thus the emptiness within is filled and enriched. True happiness, the gift.
© Copyright 2013 dragonline (dragon online) (dragonline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955006-The-Gift