*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955100-Chapter-8--A-Huge-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1955100
The eighth chapter of 'Becoming Mrs. Seguin'
After the break-up with Karl, my life just didn't feel the same anymore. Depression hit me hard. I spent most of my time in my room, not doing anything at all. Sometimes I'd even start crying. My parents couldn't believe that Karl would cheat. My mom had thought that he was such a nice guy. They hated him now after what he did to me.



Both Aaron and my parents told me that I'd find someone else way better than him in the future. But for now, I didn't want to have anything to do with guys ever again. They were just a bunch of dirty, lying cheaters that broke girls' hearts. Except for my brother of course.



I barely made it by every single day. Senior year was supposed to be the greatest one for me, but as of right now, it sure wasn't. Aaron had already left for college, and boy was it hard for me not having him around. I missed him so much.



My friends were extra kind to me after I told them what happened. The whole school was in shock when they found out about how Karl and I broke up. Everyone thought that we'd stay a couple throughout high school, but apparently they were wrong. I was wrong.



I saw Karl in the halls often, but never talked to him ever again. I couldn't even stand to see his face. At homecoming, he tried to start a conversation with me at his friend's party, but I totally ignored him. Sierra and her boyfriend, Shane, were crowned homecoming king and queen. I was so happy for them. After all, she was my closest friend.



I had lost all interest in hockey, even for the Boston Bruins and Tyler Seguin. I guess it'd take a while for me to feel like myself again. My family decided to spend the holidays at my uncle's house in Boston. He was a professor at Harvard University, so he showed me around the campus, in case I ended up going there.



My parents had to fly back home to go to work, but they let me stay for a week longer since I didn't have school yet. I was driving home with my uncle and aunt on New Year's Eve after the fireworks when they both looked back at me.



"Hey, aren't you a fan of the Bruins?", my uncle asked.



"Yeah, I guess so," I replied half-heartedly, staring out the window.



"I heard they're playing in Minnesota on Friday. Are you going?", my aunt asked.



"I don't have tickets," I told them.



My aunt gave her husband an inquisitive look and the two started whispering. She cleared her throat then finally spoke.



"We overheard your parents talking about your birthday. Apparently, they bought you tickets to the game."



They did?! I nearly jumped out of my seat. My birthday was Wednesday and the game was on Friday. What better way to celebrate it than by going to see the Bruins? I thanked my aunt for telling me ahead of time and for once, I actually didn't feel as sad anymore.



The next day, my uncle drove me to the airport. I wore my Boston Bruins hoodie, a pair of Miss Me jeans, and UGG boots. My hair was in a loose French braid. I thanked him for everything and gave him a hug. I walked inside the airport and got in line to check in with American Airlines.



Eventually, I got to the gate, only to be confronted with the worst news. Due to the snowstorms and bad weather conditions, my flight had been delayed for four hours. That meant that I wouldn't arrive in Minneapolis until midnight. What was I going to do for four whole hours?



My eyes searched for an empty place to sit and I found one near the back. I walked over and saw a guy sitting there, his backpack in the seat next to him. He was wearing a black Bruins sweatshirt with a pair of dark jeans. His eyes were locked on his phone screen.



"Is this seat taken?", I asked him.



"No. I'll just move my bag," he replied, setting it on the ground. He went back to scrolling through his phone.



I sat down next to him and pulled out my phone. I glanced over at the guy and observed his features. He had short brown hair and a beard. I normally didn't like guys with facial hair, but it looked really good on him. He couldn't have been that much older than me, maybe in his early 20s at the most.



Not to sound stalkerish or anything, but I couldn't help noticing his hands. He definitely worked out a lot because his veins stuck out like crazy. One of his sleeves was rolled up to reveal an arm full of tattoos. I swear, he looked so familiar...



We were both quiet when the guy finally spoke.



"Are you a Bruins fan?", he asked, pointing to my phone case.



I made eye contact with him and boy were his brown eyes gorgeous. In fact, his whole face was. I immediately dismissed those thoughts from my head. For god's sake, I didn't even know his name. Besides, I was so done with guys.



"Yup. I'm actually going to their game on Friday," I managed to respond. "Are you?"



"Yeah, but I'm not watching the game. I'm in it," he said with a smile. I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.



Wait a minute, this guy was a Bruins hockey player! I looked at him again then a burst of recognition rang inside my head. After all this time, how did I not know who he was sooner? The beard, the hair, the tattoos...That's when I finally realized...



I was talking to Tyler freaking Seguin.
© Copyright 2013 Christine Seguin (hockeylover19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955100-Chapter-8--A-Huge-Surprise