*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956001-My-Inner-Voice
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1956001
Found another writing prompt that made me laugh. So I wrote. Again.
The voice in your head insists your roommate is evil and must be destroyed.

“He’s evil,” the voice said.
“He’s not evil,” I replied.
“He has to be destroyed!” the voice commanded.
“Absolutely not, its just Derick. He’s a friend,” I replied.
“He’s going to kill you in your sleep.”
“He wouldn’t. Like I said, he’s a friend.”
“You’ve thought about killing him.”
“Only a couple of times. And never seriously, just when we’re getting on each other’s nerves.”
“You could do it, though. You’ve thought before about how you could get away with murder.”
“That’s from watching Bones, a tv show. And there’d be something that I forget about, or something that I don’t think about at all that gives me away as the murderer.”
“You could hide the murder weapon. Lake Michigan is near by. No body, no murder case.”
“I’m not killing Derick!” I shouted.
“Um… Good to know?” Derick replied questioningly.
“Oh crap, did I say that out loud?” I asked rhetorically since I already knew the answer to that.
“Voices inside giving you any new thoughts?” Derick asked.
“Meh. Just the same old thought: you’re evil and need to be destroyed.”
“Good to see some things never change, Little Buddy. Anywho, ready to go golfing?”
“Absolutely!” I replied excitedly.
Derick and I went outside and grabbed our golf bags, loaded them up into the back of his truck, and drove off for the latest golf course we were determined to conquer. And if we should both fail in that particular endeavor, I’d settle for failing less miserably than he fails.



This is a work in progress.
© Copyright 2013 Cpt Aravan (cptaravan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956001-My-Inner-Voice