*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956776-Test-Results
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1956776
What would the test results be?
Was Beth pregnant?  She was going to use the home pregnancy test today, and share the results with him tonight.

Jonny slipped out of his bedroom, leaving "Grand Theft" running on his computer.  Cars and bullets were flying.  His parents would hear the game and believe he was playing.

Some lights reflected off the lake at the back of the yard; no moon though.  A slight breeze created movement on the water that he could blend into.  No one would spot him.

Earlier that Summer a full moon seemed like a search light following him across the water to Beth's house, but nothing could keep him away.

His kayak weighted little, hardly making a ripple as he rolled it into the water, and climbed in.  Somehow the water seemed heavier tonight as he paddled along the shore.

Would Beth be waiting at the edge of the small beach at her parent's cottage, staying just out of sight, as she had on that first night?

That glorious night when they'd made their way into the water for a quick swim, then returned to the blanket spread under the edge of the woods.

"I need to dry off," Beth said, as she held out a towel.  "Are you going to help me or not."

Jonny could still remember how warm their young skins seemed, as they dispensed with the towel and caressed each other; warmer still as their modest swim suits came off so easily.

The kayak came out of the water to rest on the beach.  Jonny crept to the edge of the woods, but couldn't see Beth.  Was she missing?  Hadn't she taken the test?  Or was it just too dark to see?

Then a sorrowful whimper came from beside a large oak.
© Copyright 2013 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956776-Test-Results