*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957971-Change-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by rocker
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1957971
Scientists find a way to travel into the future.
Prologue
Have you ever wondered what the future would be like? I have, and i'm sure everyone else has at some point in their life. But one thing nobody ever asks themselves upon wondering this is " Are you ready for change?" I never answered that question, and now it's too late for me to do so. If i were to answer it though,as if it even matters now, it would be a resounding no.

I thought (like most people) that the future would consist of flying cars, robots, cures for all diseases etc.And boy was i and everybody else wrong. You see, i ran a lab with about five other scientists and we were all striving for a similar goal. The ability to see into tomorrow. We tried to push this idea on the company,and even our fellow free-thinking bretheren, but it didn't work on either.                         

We were laughed out of every room we pitched the idea to. So we gave up on trying to get funds from others for our crackpot theory. Which led us to quite a dead end. And so, for weeks afterwords we thought our idea would never even get a test run. But then we met Mr. Blisan.

He had seen us on tv when we were being played as a running joke of the scientific community on countless news channels and radio stations. He said that he had exactly what we needed, except for one thing, a volunteer. He told us that he worked in a small secluded office with only one assistant, and that when they finally got the device to function, his partner wouldn't step in. And Mr. Blison couldn't because he knew the most about the machine and needed to stay outside and keep an eye on it.

So his assistant David was the only viable candidate. He would have went, Mr. Blison told us, but their was one major detail that made him decide not to. Mr. Blison would have no ability to bring him back. The only way to come back is to find the portal, (of which only the volunteer can see) and it could be anywhere. Hearing that the only way back was a small portal that could be anywhere in the future world, David shyed away from the project. And so Mr. Blison had no likely contenders for years, until now that is.

After he explained it all to us, i looked at him and said " I'll do it!" As fast as i could for i wanted this more than all the others. Then, Mr. Blison, with a look of both worry and respect said " Very well Dr. Vernon, just know what you're getting yourself into." And soon i will come to find out that this decision was both an amazing opportunity and the dumbest thing i had ever done.
© Copyright 2013 rocker (shadowlight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957971-Change-Prologue