*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958049-Horse
Rated: E · Other · Ghost · #1958049
Horse must go with her ghost to the Ocean of souls.
Horse



The horse ran, her ghostly companion beside her. No matter how far or fast she ran, the ghostly horse kept pace. It did not tire, it did not waver. How could it? It was after all, her, in every sense of the word.

The black horse didn’t exactly blend in with the snowy atmosphere around her. She didn’t feel the cold. The horse admired the beauty around her. She stepped lightly and quickly to reach her goal. The ocean is where she would leave her white ghostly companion. Her hooves pounded against the frozen ground, creating a symphony worthy of any audience.

Horse wasn’t much for inner contemplation, but she could still admire her ghostly self. The ghost was opposite in color, a white of the purest kind. If horse wasn’t dead already, the light radiating off the apparition would probably hurt her. It was a representation of her soul, guiding her through the land of the dead- and keeping her company.

Horse could feel an inner pride to seeing her soul so innocent. She had completed a full life. Her offspring would gallop on for many years despite her passing. She had explored the far reaches of the earth, as she had always dreamed of doing. Horse had accomplished what she set out to do-and more. She had never run so freely then she was now. This was her last joy before she reached the other side, her last race.

The ghost horse tossed its head and whinnied its agreement. It pranced and played around her, like a young colt. Horse joined into the laughter, chasing her soul and bucking in joy.

They chased each other until they heard the lapping waves upon the seashore. They slowed as the sight came upon them. The waves rushed against the dark mossy rocks, bathing them until forced back to sea. The dark grey waters rushed back and forth in time with the horses breath. Horse picked her way down the pale sand, her soul following behind.

She climbed the stones jutting from the sea, watching as the waves flowed past her. She shook her long dark mane. Her soul jumped past her, landing in front of her.

The soul sighed, turning its head and sadly staring at its lifelong companion. It whinnied softly. It was time.

Horse bowed her head, letting her life pass through her and add to the sea. When every last memory was gone, she stared into the eyes of her soul. She reared with her soul, their majestic bodies highlighted against the grey skies, as they jumped, together, into the ocean. No splash was heard or seen, they disappeared, adding to the ocean of souls.





Well this is itttt. Hope you enjoy. My own story made me sad.
TheQuillDragon
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958049-Horse