*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958819-The-Treasure-Map-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1958819
What happens when darkness surrounds the world and only one person can stop it?
         He didn't know how he did it, but somehow he had enteres a land that he had never seen or heard of before. Through his eyes was a beautiful green forest with apples, oranges, bananas, and many exotic fruit all around. All sorts of greenery was before him, bushes with berries, small trees, karge trees, ones with blossoms, ones with big leaves and others with small ones. The tree that caught his eyes the most was a large droopy willow thats leaves were dangling like curtains falling to the floor. He stood mesmerized at its beauty not noticing as it came towards him.

         Kaine didn't know what he had done to be here, he was navigating the ship through a hurrendous storm and was heading towards a waterfall, failing miserabley to steer clear of it; as his ship began its collision into the falls a green light had engulfed his ship and crew, and when he had opened his eyes he was standing in the middle of this forest;listening to the trees brushing against the wind, and the animals and insects living their normal lives.

         As Kaine stood there admiring the area, a small but bright light came rushing past him followed by several more lights. He tried to squint his eyes to see what they were and noticed little people with wings were flying around him.

"The willow! Beware the willow!" They began yelling to him. Kaine keot hearing them yell, the willow. He then began hearing another sound, almost like a muffled cry pleading for help. He looked up and froze in terror. His entire crew was daggling above him from the willow, lifeless and being drained of their blood, he saw one though still struggling. John.

         "John! Hold on i'm coming to help you." Kaine yelled. As soon as he said that, the willow started thrashing its vines at him; Kaine managed to dodge its attacks and release his sword from its sheath and began cutting the vines. Red liquid began oozing out the cuts and Kaine paused believing it was the blood of his own men, Suddenly, John untagled himself from the vines deathly grip and landed next to his friend, as soon as he had felt the ground beneath his feet;John had grabbed Kaine's arm and began pulling his friend from the deadly killer. The lights began showing a path to leave to safety as both men began stumbling away occasionaly glancing back to see the men, their friends, being swallowed by the curtains he once thought was so beautiful.

         "We need to move forward Kaine. This isn't our world. We need to watch ourselves to get through this. Cap't." John said.

"Your right. We need to get information about this place, John. Let's go." With that said both men followed the lights hoping, praying for a better path.
© Copyright 2013 Chelsea Kunath (ckunath1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958819-The-Treasure-Map-Chapter-1